Sonic Electronix

What amps for 12's on single battery?

you listed all the amps for that price range

Any opinions on any of them?

om theamps you listed hifonics then audio pipe then Re audio then MB quart if i was buying that would be my list best to worst

the sundown 1200 is better than all others listed but thats a refurb just fyi

Sure, and dB-r electronics give a one year waranty on there work, whats the prob.

How good is your battery? And if you run the subamp at 1 Ohm or 2 Ohm?

PS. and i forgot the real shitty resalevalue of all other named amps, without the AP.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

the mrp m1000 i have is a wonder on my sex sub...

it plays nice but the only downgrade of that alpine amp is that it dont have tha bass knob...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I posted a similar topic over in amplifiers, but after 3 days I only got one response, so I'll try here. Like to get some input on what's good and not good these days. My current set of amps from an old install are barely pushing the new subs.

Budget is less than $400 for a mono block and matching 4 channel. Plan on doing the big 3, running single 0 gauge to the back and grounding to the frame. New battery ASAP. Preferably a matching type set of amps for a nice clean install look. No room for extra battery, so the other problem is they both need to run on a single under hood battery.

Running 2 X 12" Dual 2 ohm SEX = RMS: 600 watts. So stated wattage would be 2ohm mono.

I am leaning towards the HiFonics Brutus 1700.1 and 8 0 X 4 4 channel but wondered if there was something better. Also looked at the AudioPipe, RE Audio amps and MB Quart amps. Heard the 4 channel Quart was good but no info on the Quart mono.

Thanks!

If you can find them. Kenwood performance series 1,800watt amps. 2 ohm stable amps. What I run on just a single xs power battery that replaced my cars stock battery. And For a while off my stock 110amp alternator. 220amp now and nice...... Oh they are 299.99 a piece. I found mine on sale for 179.99 each. There new stuff I dont like. I got mine like 2 maybe 3 months ago. Other then that I have a friends brother that went to meijer and got a boss amp and it is dirt cheap but works really well....

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Amplifiers/KAC-9105D thats what I got.

Edited by basshead8569

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

The mb quart and re audio amps u listed are better then the other 2. The mb does rated the last time I checked and the re audio amps are made by us amps.

Since its a 2 ohm load why not look for a used or refirb jbl amps, they do around rated can take a lower load plus they sound great. I have 5 that range from 350-2400 watts and couldn't be happier

i like the hifonics my self....but they are power hungry

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

i like the hifonics my self....but they are power hungry

Like good battery under the hood and 0 gauge power hungry or like probably need 2 batteries and ungraded alt power hungry?

Go with an audiopipe 1500 or 1800. I have a 3k with just a red top up front big 3 2 runs of power and ground stock alt. and I don't drop under 13. 4 . For highs I'd say a db drive a5 90.4 the cost on that amp is about 100. And its super small for the amount of power it puts out.

Build a better box :peepwall::pardon:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/