Second Skin Audio

Torres Help

My subs will be upward with a baffle thickness of 1.5, or (2) .75 mdf boards glued together.

so my port which will be facing back will be 14.75 inches in height, because my height is 17, so 17-.75-1.5=14.75, this is the height of the box minus the bottom piece of wood and the baffle which is on top. The port walls height should be the same height as the walls of my box yet Torres gives me the cuts as 15.5 for the height of my walls and 15.5 +.75 +1.5=17.75 which is higher than my height of 17 that i entered? WTF???

i have baffle thickness at .75 and # of extra baffles at 1, also tried 0 extras and 1.5 baffle thickness, doesnt change a thing

Edited by SlamminBeats

My subs will be upward with a baffle thickness of 1.5, or (2) .75 mdf boards glued together.

so my port which will be facing back will be 14.75 inches in height, because my height is 17, so 17-.75-1.5=14.75, this is the height of the box minus the bottom piece of wood and the baffle which is on top. The port walls height should be the same height as the walls of my box yet Torres gives me the cuts as 15.5 for the height of my walls and 15.5 +.75 +1.5=17.75 which is higher than my height of 17 that i entered? WTF???

i have baffle thickness at .75 and # of extra baffles at 1, also tried 0 extras and 1.5 baffle thickness, doesnt change a thing

what are all of the dimensions you entered for height length with and ill see if i can help you out

1998 neon R.I.P 137.5 db's

Youtube videos http://www.youtube.c...tingarrett64067

2000 Eclipse

Headunit = pioneer avh-p1400dvd

Subwoofers = 2 DC audio lvl 2 12's

Amp= Vibe bass 5 1500rms @ 2ohms

​Single run of 0awg power and ground wire

( Big 3 wire upgrade comeing soon )

did you enter the correct number of "common port walls" that is probably your problem.

if you dont enter the correct number of common port walls which tells where you are putting the port, it will just guess that your doing it differently then what you have planned.

If im assuming what you are doing for your port, you would want 3 common port walls which would mean the top baffle, bottom baffle, and side wall would be used as 3 of the sides of the port.

and the cut sheet giving is for one way of assembly, you do not need to cut to those dimensions, I always figure out the cut sheet myself since I build the boxes together differently then what the cut sheet would tell me to.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

if you have one extra baffle, or two .75" boards glued together, then you put 1 in the extra baffle box. the way you're doing it (.75 - 1.5) is saying you're going to have 3 baffles which is why you have an extra .75" on the height. so port height should be 15.5" instead of 14.75"

if you have one extra baffle, or two .75" boards glued together, then you put 1 in the extra baffle box. the way you're doing it (.75 - 1.5) is saying you're going to have 3 baffles which is why you have an extra .75" on the height. so port height should be 15.5" instead of 14.75"

i'd listen to him ^^

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

depends on how you want to put the box together. if you put the baffle on top of the side then you have to add that .75 in thickness from the baffle and back wall taking it from 15.5 to 17.75. its basic box building buddy, is this your first time with it? if so i know there is a lot of people willing to help you on this site

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.