Second Skin Audio

Torres Help

lol, yeah first time build can be tricky. do a google search for a program called google sketchup i just got it and learned how to use it in under 30 mins. there some you tube videos that help with learning how to do it. you use the program to make a 3d model of your box using the cut sheet the torres calc gives you. there is even a tape measure tool on there so that you can measure the end results of the box to make sure it is correct

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

It seems like the cut sheet list doesnt care about the number or thickness of baffles, but the displacement is taken in account so it's like the added baffles goes on the inside of the original one. Then it's up to you to decide if you want to shorten the sides or put the second baffle on the inside parameter of the walls. Or just slap the extra baffle on top, and you put in 16.25 as your height to give you the right internal volume without worriyng about the extra baffle. There are so many ways :shrug:

I would put the bottom baffle on the inside of the walls to give the box "Z" joints between the walls and baffles, giving you almost double contact area.

And I think you are correct aobut the port height of 14.75in when wanting 17in total height :good:

I'm still awake now at 5:29 AM so don't be mad if I eff'd up a little..

It seems like the cut sheet list doesnt care about the number or thickness of baffles, but the displacement is taken in account so it's like the added baffles goes on the inside of the original one. Then it's up to you to decide if you want to shorten the sides or put the second baffle on the inside parameter of the walls. Or just slap the extra baffle on top, and you put in 16.25 as your height to give you the right internal volume without worriyng about the extra baffle. There are so many ways :shrug:

I would put the bottom baffle on the inside of the walls to give the box "Z" joints between the walls and baffles, giving you almost double contact area.

And I think you are correct aobut the port height of 14.75in when wanting 17in total height :good:

I'm still awake now at 5:29 AM so don't be mad if I eff'd up a little..

this has been the most helpful reply!

so i should just keep my port height at 14.75, change the height of the box to like 16.25, since that will account for the extra .75 baffle on top, which gives me the right air space.

As I see it right now, yes. And just leave the baffle boxes empty.

No wait, I'm confused.. How does removing .75 from the height take up a full cube, but adding another baffle to a sub up setup remove only .39cf? And with the height being the same.

Edit: Also changning the with of the port doesn't change the net volume until a certain point where it jumps a whole cube. I must be doing something horribly wrong?

Edited by zxsonnyxz

Other than the calculator, what is the real problem? Is it figuring out the whole box with volume and tuning, or just getting the cutsheet for those numbers you have?