Sonic Electronix

I don't like the idea of drilling a bunch of holes in my wall to run wire through and plan on using some bolts and ring terminals and I was curious if there is any impedance change using that method? Would you guys recommend stainless, brass, etc?

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I don't like the idea of drilling a bunch of holes in my wall to run wire through and plan on using some bolts and ring terminals and I was curious if there is any impedance change using that method? Would you guys recommend stainless, brass, etc?

I don't believe that there is any change in the Independence, Just wire each + and - to its own bolt from each sub. Then you can always change by using small leads on the outside of the box to change for like going to a comp and driving daily. Most that I have seen on the forum use brass bolts. hope that helps

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

ive used both stainless and brass bolts before... i tend to like brass little more less resistance.. but brass costs twice the price of a standard bolt

i prefer to drill them holes and run wire out..that way from sub to amp there is no break in the wire.. more flow

Edited by getlocivic

direct connect is where its at. As long as you seal the hole up good. Which isnt hard if you use the right sized bit for your wire its going to give you one less point of failure.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I used zinc plated bolts.. and copper ring terminals..

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

direct connect is where its at. As long as you seal the hole up good. Which isnt hard if you use the right sized bit for your wire its going to give you one less point of failure.

I 2nd this. Best thing to do is right here.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

I agree that wire through a drilled hole is best. It's cheaper too. The only advantage I see with the bolt terminals is ease of changing impedance.

The resistance on a bolt is something like. 01 or something. If you like to change loads its best to do bolts. Since I don't I use a direct connect

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The resistance on a bolt is something like. 01 or something. If you like to change loads its best to do bolts. Since I don't I use a direct connect

/thread !!

That´s the best answer you are gonna get, i always change loads and that´s the only reason i use bolts :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/