photochrisb931 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 Not starting anything at all wizart. breaker bars tend to be taller than ratchets and sometimes there just is not room to use one or u need a ratcheting action because it is just a total bitch to get to the place in order to move the socket back in position if it does not break loose enough to turn with a ratchet easily. Unfortunately the world nor are cars perfect. Barstad
wizart383 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I get what your saying but, you used a 4ft cheater when you broke the ratchet and didn't expect it to brake.
audiofanaticz Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 All you need for tools are these!
wizart383 Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 All you need for tools are these! Do they come with lifetime warranty?
audiofanaticz Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 nah, but the saws do make action sounds!
727Designs Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 My entire set at the shop is MAC and Snap On. At home I have some older Snap On stuff, some Matco, and ALOT of Craftsman. In my race trailer I keep ALOT of Craftstman stuff. Honestly I break as much MAC and Snap On stuff as I do Craftsman, and it's alot easier to go to the local Sear's and exchange it as it is to wait on the MAC truck to come by to exchange, especially if it's something you need then. Nothing wrong with Craftsman if you can't afford, or can't justify buying the more expensive stuff. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
727Designs Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 Oh and yeah I have busted Mac Matco and Craftsman ratchets with a 4 footer but never a Snap On. I'm not trying to start anything but, why not use a breaker bar instead of a ratchet when trying to break loose very tight fasteners. IMO that's one example why people break ratchets or other tools. why by a breaker bar if a snapon ratchet won't break?? just buying something you don't need. and prob a lil lazyness to walk back to tool box and get it lolz i worked at greenes energy group when i did stuff like that if we broke a tool they just sent us to the store in work truck and put it on company tab so didn't care plus i didn't see a breaker bar the whole time i was there A Snap On ratchet won't break? Lol I've got a nice pile on my roll cart at the shop waiting on the Snap on guy to swing by. ANY ratchet will break if over-stressed. Period. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
kl0wn Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I get 40% off snap-on due to school, I still don't buy them. I work as a mechanic on converting cars to run off propane. All I use is craftsman, no problems here. And you saying they void the warranty for mechanics, don't tell them. Also I have a few kobalt and husky, no problems with them either. Just saying 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
Airborne Posted December 26, 2011 Report Posted December 26, 2011 I have a little of everything but I have a good amount of Snapon. I ave IR airtools, Bluepoint and Snapon and the Snapon gets the most use and never fails. My big ass IR impact is the best I've ever used. But budget dictates, I would hold out for Snapon.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.