Why add extra batteries??

I'm planning on getting a couple sundown SA-12's and maybe their 3500 amp, though it is quite pricey.. so i may get another I don't know yet. Sundown recommends that you put an upgraded batt under the hood and one in the back. I've also seen all the high power systems with lots of batteries in the back.. My question is: Why do you need to add more batteries if you have a HO alt capable of supplying all your amp and car accessories? (I posted almost the same question in the electrical equipment section but it seems there's not that much help there.)

I'm planning on getting a couple sundown SA-12's and maybe their 3500 amp, though it is quite pricey.. so i may get another I don't know yet. Sundown recommends that you put an upgraded batt under the hood and one in the back. I've also seen all the high power systems with lots of batteries in the back.. My question is: Why do you need to add more batteries if you have a HO alt capable of supplying all your amp and car accessories? (I posted almost the same question in the electrical equipment section but it seems there's not that much help there.)

Although you may have a HO alt, you don't have the long term amperage needed to keep up with a nice amp. The bay of batteries or extra battery hold and serve out amperage and voltage as needed.

Remember your amp output fluctuates on both voltage and amperage. Keeper amperage Ah available as well as voltage mean a higher output from the amp.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Batteries store electricity, alternators convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and charge the batteries.

In simplest terms a battery or multiple batteries are what is actually running your amplifiers, the alternator(s) are there to recharge the batteries.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Batteries store electricity, alternators convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and charge the batteries.

In simplest terms a battery or multiple batteries are what is actually running your amplifiers, the alternator(s) are there to recharge the batteries.

actually you are wrong bro.....your ALTERNATOR(s) are there to supply the system and everything in the car while it is running. The batteries are only there for when you have more system then you have alternator and drop below its maximum charging ability during heavy use. That or if you are playing the system with the car OFF (like at the beach or something like that.)

basically while the car is running, the alternator should be doing ALL the work.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Ok I get it now, more reserve for the amp(s) if they need it. I'm pretty sure it's the alt that runs the car skateboard6, and the bat is just there for reserve if demand goes over the alt's capability..

which will happen..

did you say you were gonna run a 3500 to a couple of sa 12's?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Theoretically wouldn't the battery still be running everything and the alt just keeps the battery charged on most cars where as the amps and car are pulling the power from the battery? Unless you have your alt ran directly to the amp..

Technically speaking.. That's what my ase book said..

I'm not saying that's my opinion persay

Edit, I saw it in my book while studying for my auto body finals..

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

actually you are wrong bro.....your ALTERNATOR(s) are there to supply the system and everything in the car while it is running. The batteries are only there for when you have more system then you have alternator and drop below its maximum charging ability during heavy use. That or if you are playing the system with the car OFF (like at the beach or something like that.)

basically while the car is running, the alternator should be doing ALL the work.

That being said, if I were to run 2k rms which would pull like what.. 200 give or take amps? If I had a 270xp alt, that would be plenty to run everything with a single batt yeah?