Second Skin Audio

Fi BTL vs DC Level 5

SnowDrifter

Not quite a VS thread, but Mods: let me know if it's a problem and it will be gone.

I got the chance to hear an old 'ufo' style BTL 18 yesterday, and it seemed like the spiders on it allowed for much more mechanical movement (excursion) than my level 5.

Has anyone noticed this? Do they use a larger spider pack or something? Or am I just being too ginger with my equipment?

No vs threads, but if i had to choose, i would choose the lvl 5, unless its the new sp4 version. You just need alot of power to move the 5's.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Coil gap on Lv5 is pretty big, that's why they take a lot of power.

It also has a lot to do with the enclosure. And I would not recommend your current enclosure.

i would agree the box you have it in is way too small for the lvl5 to get the full benefit out of that sub.

No vs threads, but if i had to choose, i would choose the lvl 5, unless its the new sp4 version. You just need alot of power to move the 5's.

I think my question is being misunderstood... It is not a question of which woofer to get, it is a question about the mechanical construction of them in which the answer will not effect my buying decision (which has already been made)

My 5 moves about 3 in peak to peak before it sounds like it is reaching an excursion limit and I don't like to break things, so I don't make an effort to push it further. But when I heard/saw the Fi, it seemed like it could move a good 4-4.5 in before it began to sound like it was lightly bottoming out.

My question is: Is this a difference in construction in the woofers themselves or am I simply being too 'nice' with my sub

I think my question is being misunderstood... It is not a question of which woofer to get, it is a question about the mechanical construction of them in which the answer will not effect my buying decision (which has already been made)

My 5 moves about 3 in peak to peak before it sounds like it is reaching an excursion limit and I don't like to break things, so I don't make an effort to push it further. But when I heard/saw the Fi, it seemed like it could move a good 4-4.5 in before it began to sound like it was lightly bottoming out.

My question is: Is this a difference in construction in the woofers themselves or am I simply being too 'nice' with my sub

It's you enclosure.

It's you enclosure.

Listen at the end of the video right before I back off. I'm not talking about an enclosure issue

Archived