26" KMC SLIDE for 00 BURBAN

Like the topic says I have a set of 26" KMC Slides for my 00 Burban, but I haven't yet bought any tires, so I figured I would throw it out here on the forum and see what everyone has to say.....I know I have the option between a 25 or 30 series tire my question is I really don't like the way the 25 series tire looks but I also don't want any rubbing....what if any modifications have you guys done I.e. modify the inner tire well plastic, roll fender, etc. Also I have heard that there is a lot of body roll with the Burban, Tahoe, Yukon , etc.....have any of you guys experienced this with your rims and tires......the last thing is I have not done any suspension mods to the truck yet, however airside is coming soon. I am putting bags all the way around, I am not trying to lay frame, just for stance and to help with the weight in the back.....have you guys had any issues with any of the above.....what are your suggestions with tires......I have read what Steve has posted about his rims and tires I'm just trying to get some real hand accounts from you all.....thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

^^^^^^ you definitely want to upgrade your brakes going with wheels that size. If its a daily driver you'll be replacing pads every 3-6 months if you don't. Also, have you ever driven with wheels that big. The steering starts to feel really sloppy. You would want to get a steering stabilizer kit.

It won't be a daily driver just a summer truck that will be taken to shows and stuff....but yes big brake kit is on the list of things to do......I am more concerned on the tires though, since they aren't even purchased yet.....any thoughts about the tires or modifications to get them to fit???????

I haven't heard about a stabilizer kit but I will look into that......any place I should look in particular.....and brand to loom for or stay away from??

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Your pads and breaks will work fine and will last more than 3 months... Trust me i rode 26s for almost 2 years with no breaking problems.Make shure the tires you choose have a high load capacity my old tires did not and had some major pressure cracks...As far as getting em to fit you wont have too hard of a time, Don't get a tire larger than a 30 series and with the help of some zip ties to hold fender well plastic back and a small maul to move some metal back if needed, you will be golden.

Oh and btw, Very nice choice on rims!

Get youtlr tires then work on brakes these guys are making it seem like YOU NEED BRAKES, not considering 90%of the people riding on 26-30s dont upgrade brakes ever. Fact!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Have you test fitted them to make sure they set in far enough? If they set out close to the fenders you will have pretty bad problems driving wise... Unless u go around aired all the way up.. And still yet may not have full turning radias...

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Thanks, I saw these rims as was like wow....so I got them......I have been hearing a lot of good about the Pirelli's......I think that is what I am going to go with......I have not test fit the rims yet just due to the fact that I have been working on the system and interior so much that I haven't had time really to do that......I know is sounds bad ....I found a set of 4 online for 1500.00 I will go to discount this weekend and see if they will match....unless any of you have found them cheaper??????? Thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Archived