Second Skin Audio

I put Roadkill in my truck and it does ok. But I was wondering if it would be worth it to put some Alpha damp over the Roadkill? The Roadkill is sticking fine but I feel like my truck should have less rattling than it does. The Roadkill is installed on the doors, roof, and back wall of my truck. My subs and port fire up towards the roof. My amp is a T1500bd on T2 10s the old silver ones.

it would probably defeat the purpose. maybe using the spectrum would work better

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Aren't Roadkill & Alpha Damp to totally different types of deadener I always though RoadKill compared more to Damp or Damp Pro. If you are going to Alpha Damp then do what Orion said and remove all RoadKill first.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Two layers of any sound deadener really isn't worth it.

And I've said this a few times before but we can not guarantee the effectiveness of our product if installed over another brand. In some cases (such as with FatMat) the added weight of an additional product can peel it all right off... very ugly.

Sound deadener is to stop or reduce sheet metal resonance, whereas rattles are typically caused by the trim panels mechanically moving and smacking against the sheet metal or even other trim.

WIth that said I would suggest taking a look at applying some foam between the trim and sheet metal to isolate the panel and cushion it.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Thanks alot for the info guys, I'm a no go on the Alpha then. Damm was hoping to just cover it up cause the Roadkill has a great bond. Kind of sad now, I need to get my Mojo up so I can remove the Roadkill. Thanks Jon for the tips I wish I'd of know about Second Skin before I installed Roadkill.

Yeah RoadKill is one of the few products that I would personally use... so that says something. :)

I wouldn't say remove it because I'm sure it's doing it's job and doing it well.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i wouldnt recommend trying to dampen a furry bloody animal. it normally is unnecessary and difficult. unless the fur is removed or the animal has none i would drive away :pardon:laugh.gif

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer