Sonic Electronix

I'm about to do some work on my interior and want to lay down some dynamat in my '00 escalade. 1/2 for the bass but i also want to quiet the ride a little. can anyone tell me where the most effective places are to start with? how much dynamat would any1 suggest id need to get for a decent outcome? how much would it take to cover the whole truck with a single layer? and what places exactly can it be applied to?

Well for a quiet ride i would do the floor and the doors. 2-3 layers should be good. For bass it depends on where your box is. If its in the cargo area then you would want to do the back hatch considering that will probaly rattle. I would start with doors, floor, truck. If you observe roof flex then do the roof as well. What does your system consist of?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I would start with a single layer everywhere, that should help significantly. From personal experience I would use Alpha Damp from Second Skin but dynamat is a good choice too.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Well for a quiet ride i would do the floor and the doors. 2-3 layers should be good. For bass it depends on where your box is. If its in the cargo area then you would want to do the back hatch considering that will probaly rattle. I would start with doors, floor, truck. If you observe roof flex then do the roof as well. What does your system consist of?

All i have is 2 12in cvr in a custom box, 2 6"9, and all the door speakers and tweeters up front.. All kicker.. Tryna upgrade that as well but until i get the cosmetics down im not too concerned.. All of it was a gift from someone who was sellin thier truck n didnt have a place for it.. But because o it ive gotten very interested in car audio.. Its my everyday vehicle so im not tryna get competition status

That's cool bro, I have heard of several people using Audio Technix with good results as a good bang for buck brand. I have yet to hear a single person ever complain about Second skin either, other than being broke and wanting to buy more lol. Check out their prices, I think you might be surprised on the cost of of Alpha Damp which is basically the best on the market right now.

If you want a quiet ride, using deadener is not going to give the best or even a good result.

Use a MLV noise barrier all over the vehicle to get rid of noise and make your ride more quiet.

It can give a good result, or at least it did in mine. It may not be the best option but it can work well. I didn't even use a whole layer of AlphaDamp in my car and it is significantly quieter in there now. Like, way quieter. I know quieting the ride isn't what it is for, but it does work.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If you want a quiet ride, using deadener is not going to give the best or even a good result.

Use a MLV noise barrier all over the vehicle to get rid of noise and make your ride more quiet.

It can give a good result, or at least it did in mine. It may not be the best option but it can work well. I didn't even use a whole layer of AlphaDamp in my car and it is significantly quieter in there now. Like, way quieter. I know quieting the ride isn't what it is for, but it does work.

this i have put it in my trunk and it did very well but i have not done the front so i haven't completely gotten rid of my road noise

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps