Sonic Electronix

Realistically, Most Expensive Sub?

Oh okay so the Z isnt in production its just the world record holders single sub. Damn. Loud.

anything above a 9100 series wofer i believe is custom made.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

WTF are you talking about, if you have the money they will sell it to you.

no sir...they are VERY picky of who they send this sub to. they wont let any joe blow buy this sub. if its going out they are gonna sell it to someone who will PROVE its purpose. which it has done with the new record. believe me. my boy talked to a rep of DD and those are basically the words he said

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

no sir...they are VERY picky of who they send this sub to. they wont let any joe blow buy this sub. if its going out they are gonna sell it to someone who will PROVE its purpose. which it has done with the new record. believe me. my boy talked to a rep of DD and those are basically the words he said

lol, i could get the Z if i wanted it.

after i asked DD about the price i said nevermind. i guess its all about who you know.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Im going to sound like a complete idiot but is the DDZ even fucking real? I mean come on.

lol i can see why you would think that especially after reading DD website on it

Multi-fiber composite cone that is really strong, and red

New back plate technology that is round

Hand built by cool dudes

Power Handling RMS/Peak

if you need to ask…

Suspension

check

Nominal Impedance

various

DC Resistance

ditto

guys the DDZ goes for around $3500 or so, and usually around $2500 if you are friends with a dealer.

Um Im pretty sure that is the price for a 10 inch....

The sub is in production, and has been for a while. But you need to be one cool dude to even get it. Just like you gotta be cool the get the rf t15ks :)

The 3100 series subs and up are not really custom, but they are built to order because of so many different coil configurations, cones/colors, standard or cf dustcap etc. You also must pay before they build

The new 9500 series are not really the new 9900 series, altho they are running the same soft parts the 9500s are not running the composite cones unless you pay extra for it. The DDZ series is also way beefier then the old 9900 series. While the DDZ series takes the 9900 series place, it is not to be confused with the old 9900 series because a 9900 does not even come close to the Z

But yea, as far as price tags, Im pretty sure DDZ series takes the cake. :lol:

And yea the specs on dd's site are halarious, I was laughing so hard when I read them. Sound pressure forums use to have the prices and complete specs a while ago, but last time I checked I couldnt find them, but if I remember right it is 30,000wrms...

Um Im pretty sure that is the price for a 10 inch....

The sub is in production, and has been for a while. But you need to be one cool dude to even get it. Just like you gotta be cool the get the rf t15ks :)

The 3100 series subs and up are not really custom, but they are built to order because of so many different coil configurations, cones/colors, standard or cf dustcap etc. You also must pay before they build

The new 9500 series are not really the new 9900 series, altho they are running the same soft parts the 9500s are not running the composite cones unless you pay extra for it. The DDZ series is also way beefier then the old 9900 series. While the DDZ series takes the 9900 series place, it is not to be confused with the old 9900 series because a 9900 does not even come close to the Z

But yea, as far as price tags, Im pretty sure DDZ series takes the cake. :lol:

And yea the specs on dd's site are halarious, I was laughing so hard when I read them. Sound pressure forums use to have the prices and complete specs a while ago, but last time I checked I couldnt find them, but if I remember right it is 30,000wrms...

all you gave was 30K RMS???

there was a guy who had 8 Z2s on one, for over 48,000 RMS

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

as stated before you dont have to have anything but the money, DD WILL sell them to people who have the money, just how many people really spend 5kish per sub. Kinda the same as a RF t15k, how many peoplle really are going to walk in a local dealer and say i'd like to order a t15k

This is a good post. My brother works with the a guy whos brother is the owner of critcal mass. A guy who owns a car audio shop around here has 2 12" Critcal Mass subs in a hummer and its loud as hell!!!! The DDZ is my favorite sub to hear about. Theres some guy in Africa who has a crapload of DDZ2 amps i think and 2 18" DDZ's and was hitting a 185.1 it was sick. With i had the money for them and had like 5"MDF to make a box for them and enough power. Would need like 10 Stetsom 7k's or a crapload of DDZ2's lol.

This is a good post. My brother works with the a guy whos brother is the owner of critcal mass. A guy who owns a car audio shop around here has 2 12" Critcal Mass subs in a hummer and its loud as hell!!!! The DDZ is my favorite sub to hear about. Theres some guy in Africa who has a crapload of DDZ2 amps i think and 2 18" DDZ's and was hitting a 185.1 it was sick. With i had the money for them and had like 5"MDF to make a box for them and enough power. Would need like 10 Stetsom 7k's or a crapload of DDZ2's lol.

Alan Dante did 180.5 with only 1 of those DDz's. As far as I know that is the record as of right now. DDz's are badass subs to hear about, but realistically how would they sound. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that a sub which handles 30k+ rms isn't going to sound great.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived