Second Skin Audio

sub

basshead8569

Ok basshead8569, right the port is in the same face as the subs not on the sides so you don't have to worry about that.

Consider your dimensions carefully so that you can put the box in and out without serious problems and then I will recalculate and post a diagram of how it assembles.

You can place your wiring terminals on the opposite side of the port or on the back again in the opposite side of the port beyond it's internal end.

Also consider where your amps will go, when you have it all figured out let me know the new dims.

Think all that would change would be the height. To 16 inches tall. That way it would fit in the gap into the trunk. The box I have now has an angled back to help make it fit in the gap. It wouldnt fit if it did not have that. Then maybe 40-41 in wide. The amps will be mounted to the back of my seats. The backs of my seats are metal. Now. I would have an extra inch 1/2 if I take out the board that I have as the floor in my trunk. I took that carpet piece and outlined it on a piece of wood and made that the floor. How the box now is bolted down....

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Ok I can still work with these dims:

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 41 in

External Depth = 28 in

Subs and port would be front firing, let me know if those dims and setup are ok for you.

Also what would be the total depth left in front taking away the 28 in and what car are you fitting all these equipment in?

Ok I can still work with these dims:

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 41 in

External Depth = 28 in

Subs and port would be front firing, let me know if those dims and setup are ok for you.

Also what would be the total depth left in front taking away the 28 in and what car are you fitting all these equipment in?

It is going into a 2003 Ford focus se. (trunk not the hatch back.) And I think I have to remeasure my trunk. I wrote down 30 inches. But, can not remember if I made it a few inches short or if that is my full trunk. So if it is 30 inches then only maybe 2 inches. I think I need what 4 inches of space? If so. I will have to remeasure it tmw.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

No rush, when you like the dims of the box, let me know.

So, the back of my seats go on an angle. So at the bottem it is 35 and then at the top it is 28. The box I have now has an angled back. Fits right up to the back of my seats. It is the kicker box. So, if it is possible to do an angle back box and still be tuned maybe around 32-35 hz......

So, the back of my seats go on an angle. So at the bottem it is 35 and then at the top it is 28. The box I have now has an angled back. Fits right up to the back of my seats. It is the kicker box. So, if it is possible to do an angle back box and still be tuned maybe around 32-35 hz......

Angled boxes are not compatible with slot ports. So it is possible to create a different design based on bent aero ports back firing but is usually not recommended to have ports and subs in opposite sides of the box, neither is having everything backfiring for separate chamber trunks (but some people like it anyways).

Seems not the way to go but I could try it.. the better thing to do in my view is further play with the dims of the rectangular box which I can also do.. so let me know what would you like to do.

Angled boxes are not compatible with slot ports. So it is possible to create a different design based on bent aero ports back firing but is usually not recommended to have ports and subs in opposite sides of the box, neither is having everything backfiring for separate chamber trunks (but some people like it anyways).

Seems not the way to go but I could try it.. the better thing to do in my view is further play with the dims of the rectangular box which I can also do.. so let me know what would you like to do.

I was thinking have angled part an add on to the box. But, what ever will fit and work out. I have seen the side ports like I currently have and then to same subs with the ports in the middle of the subs and then one on the front of the box. And they sound better. So maybe 40 inches wide x 16 inches high. But, when it comes to the depth. Be tricky. Cause of the angled back seats. Unless, I make it for the subs are firing towards the front?? But, then I have seen people blow there seats and break the lock. I will take a pic of my trunk. I just took my second amp out and only running one. So, i am sure it looks very wrong how it is in there. The amp just sitting in front of the subs. But, what I am doing till I get the brace built.

So lets get this straight.. you work at an audio shop, but do not know that voice coils are a reactive impedance?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So lets get this straight.. you work at an audio shop, but do not know that voice coils are a reactive impedance?

No, he works at a shop...no...he means he is a professional...no, he means the shop was professional....no, he means he had a box guy on his team of uber cool cars but he is the engine guy...

<_<

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ok basshead8569 so using aero ports one can save considerable box size without loosing any specs, these dims will fit your trunk for sure:

External Height = 16 in

External Width = 39 in

External Depth = 25 in

Since you are using separate amplifiers dividing airspace is a most, this is quick mod a sketchup from a diferent design for you to see, should be setup for front firing:

BH.png

No point in angling the front since the aeros need breathing room, angling the back could be an option but back firing is not recommended for your type of vehicle.

Archived