Second Skin Audio

what was your 1st blown sub?

rubbernutz1

my first blown sub was an Infinity Ref1062

REF1062W.jpg

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

First subs i ever blew, this install was in my 68 impala back in 1998, MTX thunder 2000's, the first one, the cone cracked in half on a cold day, then I smoked the rest of them. I learned a lot from this install, they sealed the subs into the trunk as you can see, and the ports were aimed backward into the cab, sounded ok, but hit a whopping 119.5db at a dbdrag, then I figured out if I took that trim panel above the box down, got a 20db increase and did a 139. Cheap subs, but still sounded nice, I was 16 so didn't know any better. I've blown about 40 other brands/ models of subs since then, I had got a big MMATS class D when they first came out so I was all about seeing what anything I bought could handle. Then I got the Eclipse TI 15" and its taken a beating for 6 years now and still going strong. Im retirering it though, might turn it into a home theater sub or something.

2428400053_large.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

mtx 4500, full gain hooked up with 20g wire.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming you mean first blown car audio sub. For me it was Kicker C15 I had running off of a Linear 5002. Since it was under warranty I took its twin and 110ed the bitch to get a matching set back. Think it was 1989 or 90.

I don't care if you can hear me from down the block....I just want to make sure you FEEL me from there...

I'm a swinger, can I borrow your wife for a few?

Archived