Sonic Electronix

How much of a difference should I expect?

from the looks of it you may be better off with just 2 in a good slot ported box..i dont know enough about ur vehicle to say that for certain but youd be able to give your subs enough port and make an overall better box..just my opinion tho

Yeah but I spent the $ on 3 so i might as well get some use out of them... i could try some new boxes if individual chambers are not the best bet though

Maybe I should just get a 1500 watt amp and get a new battery with it. I just feel like giving these subs like 250-300rms a piece is too low...........but then again im no expert just a college kid wanting to be the loudest in the parking lot.

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

Have you tested this setup with the ports facing the trunk? That might help but you'd have some nasty trunk rattle im assuming. Try making another box like everyone else said and go from there. And do your seats fold down?

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Honestly, by only doubling your power, it wont get any louder to your ear.. A termlab meter, sure it will be louder.

You need a 2-3db gain for most to hear something getting louder, and you will be lucky to gain 1db just by upgrading to a amp 1000watts larger.

Then you got to look at the new amp that makes more wattage is going to need more current to make that power. Upgrading wire to 0/1 will help a little bit, but not no where near as good as a good battery.

but doubling the power is a 3db gain on paper. i dont see how he wouldn't see a significant gain

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

also i think if you turn your box around it will help but yeah i think a common chamber and common port would do wonders.

the box looks really good though.

Give these subs the power they want in a good box and you should be happy. but backing up your amp is the key to having more power.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I can't try it with the box turned around because It wouldnt be able to get the subs in the box...they had to go in once the box was in the trunk....the other way around wouldn't work

Guess I can experiment with some new box designs with a little more power to the subs and whatever new amp i get

trunk area is mostly lined with hushmat and I have a gallon of spectrum to put on the remaining areas still.

Build In Progress for Slamology 2013

3 m1xl 18s walled in a gti

1 5k

4 batts

audio technix 1/0

8 cheap r/f 6.5s

mb quart 4.60

from those pictures it looks like you have a single 3 or 4 inch port per chamber, which isn't enough. if you build a new box with one big chamber and one big port, you would probably gain a considerable amount.

what's the internal volume of each chamber after all displacements?

Ports are 41/2 by 14ish and its about 1.8-1.9 per chamber..

another box, absolutely, can get a lot louder than the one you have now. 1st off, you just told us you have 8.8 square inches of port area per cubic foot. trunks like a ton of port area. I would do 14 square inches per cubic foot as a minimum. so a better box plus 2x power, fuck yes you will notice a difference. contact "ray" here on the forum and pay him a little to design you a box. do that before even spending the money on any upgrades. I bet you will notice a difference.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I would do what other have said and build a new box first, if you would build it inside the trunk and make it a little bigger for more airspace and give it one correct size slot port that would be a decent gain.. All three and port facing the back, the next thin I would do is upgrade front battery and get a nice one for the back, then lastly upgrade to something with more power... Running 2.7 kinda screw with your choices but If you read up on stuff I'm sure you could get something like an aq2200d and run it at .67 and be alright if you are careful and watch voltage and such..

That's just what I would do in your situation

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

make sure you get your trunk door covered too if its not already. and i hear ya about turning the box around. Just mess around with new box designs and measurements. I feel the same way. my trunk is freaking big but the box cant really be that big because i need to be able to get it out when needed. I had to cut my last box up to get it out of the trunk. lol...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

from the looks of it you may be better off with just 2 in a good slot ported box..i dont know enough about ur vehicle to say that for certain but youd be able to give your subs enough port and make an overall better box..just my opinion tho

Yeah but I spent the $ on 3 so i might as well get some use out of them... i could try some new boxes if individual chambers are not the best bet though

Maybe I should just get a 1500 watt amp and get a new battery with it. I just feel like giving these subs like 250-300rms a piece is too low...........but then again im no expert just a college kid wanting to be the loudest in the parking lot.

Cheaper to buy would to play with than a amp...from looks can you turn box around face port to rear maybe that might help..but I think just go with two subs better box

Honestly, by only doubling your power, it wont get any louder to your ear.. A termlab meter, sure it will be louder.

You need a 2-3db gain for most to hear something getting louder, and you will be lucky to gain 1db just by upgrading to a amp 1000watts larger.

Then you got to look at the new amp that makes more wattage is going to need more current to make that power. Upgrading wire to 0/1 will help a little bit, but not no where near as good as a good battery.

but doubling the power is a 3db gain on paper. i dont see how he wouldn't see a significant gain

Then you must not have much experience. If doubling power was an automatic 3db gain, EVERYONE would be doubling power. There is so much more than just...doubling power. You have enclosure, and how that enclosure reacts to a given woofer on certain power level, vehicle, etc.

I have not seen 3db gains by doubling power, but find a nice addition doubling cone area and power.

I'm going from three 15"s and 12k to six 15"s and 24k.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived