Sonic Electronix

how many db's will another set gain

Thank you for the replies....Sorry for not getting back sooner....I have my freq. set at 120hz and the slope is -24 and the electrical system should be good with a diesel and dual batteries...I am just focused on the front stage and making it really loud and I can not seem to make that happen.

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

35" nittio trail grapplers

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

ProBox DMC212L-1000 144db @45hz

Viper 5901

Well doubling cone area or power is THEORETICALLY good for +3db. IMO for a noticeable difference you are going to need some significant upgrades.

haha he is talking about his front stage...

you do know all frequencies can be measured in db, right?

You are right. All frequencies can be measured in decibels. You are wrong in the sense that doubling power will increase output by 3db. That statement doesn't take into account mechanical limitations. Once a

Speaker has reached its mechanical capabilities, or starts getting close to them, output doesnt increase. On the rare occassion that statement might be true, but it normally doesn't happen 'by the book' like that. Highs are even more tricky than substage too when it comes to increases in output.

Listen numnuts. Every bit of my statement is correct. Did you not see that I wrote "THEORETICALLY" in big capital letters? Power compression and what-not are great points, but are certainly beyond the scope of this discussion. The point I was trying to get across was that the minimal "upgrade" will not result in anything I would call significantly better results, which your post proved even further.

To the OP: It might be time to start considering some more efficient speakers. If you have the ability to go fully active, then pro audio might just be the way to go.

If you can't get loud enough with 2 sets of speakers you are doing something wrong.

I don't know anything about the speakers themselves, but i do know they aren't good for what you want to accomplish.

YOu will have to treat your doors with some sound deadening and other products to make the set sound better and louder.

You should better also try a other set of speakers and spend more cash to get to the loudness you want.

Install is the key to loud speakers.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics I'll show you guys what I have going on....

I appreciate the info and I am kinda lost on this one...3 sets of Polk Audio MM6501's and I can't get it as loud as I'd like....I post pics soon....

BTW I did FatMat my doors in and out...

tell how to post pics and I'll get up

Thanks guys

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

Viper 5901

Also the fuses are 30amp x 2

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

Viper 5901

Get some Image dynamics, hertz, or Focal. Lol..you'll end up with the "eeeeeeeeeeeeee" noise in your ears at random times in your life. =) Kid you not..wearing ear plugs...saves a lot of trouble. Making it "louder" damages ...everything. Just saying.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Haha....so far all the damage I have done is in the pocket book....$600+ for three sets of MM6501's....$230 for kick panels....$400 for MB Quart amps....$100 for FatMat....and it's not loud WTH!!!

I did think Focal or Hertz but kinda late and I thought 3 sets of components would have done it.

How do I post pics???

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

Viper 5901

Are you using the crossovers with the component sets? If so, get rid of them and run everything full active. You'd be quite surprised at how much output is lost because of the passive crossovers.

Oh and to post pics upload them to photobucket and use the IMG codes.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived