Using power wire as speaker wire for your subs

they're the same thing o.O

thats what i was saying unless one is true size and ones undersized or unless ones true size and ones oversized

Wouldnt make any difference. Wire is wire

so your tellin me there would be no difference between true 10ga and undersized 10ga thats more like 12-14ga? i understand to a point there wouldn't but i would think after so much power it would

No but he would have to use different brands. Thought you meant power 10 gauge was going to be bigger than speaker 10 lol.

they're the same thing o.O

thats what i was saying unless one is true size and ones undersized or unless ones true size and ones oversized

Wouldnt make any difference. Wire is wire

so your tellin me there would be no difference between true 10ga and undersized 10ga thats more like 12-14ga? i understand to a point there wouldn't but i would think after so much power it would

No but he would have to use different brands. Thought you meant power 10 gauge was going to be bigger than speaker 10 lol.

oh no sorry for the confusion. what about this exo vid saying 10ga is better than 8ga wire unless there was some crazy circumstances like cca 8ga and ofc 10ga idk how it could be true watching it the whole thing seem set up i could be wrong though :shrug:

idk how credible the guy in EXO's video is. he says he has 147.9 and hopes to get a 150 by just switching to a slightly different wire (and it being smaller at that) then he says 149.9 and "now i cant get over 147.9" ok, so what happened for him to have that loss? and really? a 2.7 db gain by switching to smaller wire? :bull: for all we know, one test was done sealed up, then they opened the door to break 150.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

more current will flow through bigger gauge wire to your subs from your amp so it makes sense to use power wire :)

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Consider thicker wirer will have less resistance. Thicker wire may be more appropriate when the circuit has low impeadence. The higher the impeadence of the circuit the less neccessary thicker wire will become, however, in a higher impeadence circuit the thicker wire shouldnt cause any negative effects assuming we are compairing like wire to like wire.

In short, dropping the ohm rating and running lots of power will require thicker cabling to have a minimal impeadence rise from the wire itself (less resistance in the circuit wiring).

Just woke up so I hope that makes sense.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Doesn't EXO have a vid of one of his friends getting a higher number on the TERMLAB after switching from 8 gauge to 10 gauge?

how? that doesn't make any sense what so ever?

the 8 gauge kept falling out of the terminals so it didnt give an accurate score. the 10 fit snug so gave all the power to the subs

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

There's a chart on the forum tell you wattage per gauge size.. when you start running 5k plus its a must... for example when i clamped my amps its was close to 80amps and over a 100v... do you think some dinky 12g wire would be sufficient no way I use 8g and would use bigger if it would fit... it all goes back to ohms law people.... same reasoning we use 0g for power wire. Bigger wire less resistence more power flow

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Archived