Sundown Audio

Class D amps vs. Class G/H???

varietyguy

"arc audio" is synonymous with quality in my head

Agreed. But definitely not synonymous with budget, no matter how much is discounted. Also, 150s are easy to attain...160s not so much without cone area, power, and an awesome design. Not including the power required to get 150s and the electrical upgrades to properly power that.

I spent well over $6,000 on alternators, batteries, and wire alone. Just an FYI

Right now I'm doing a 153.9 at the passenger headrest with driver door open. Build in Sig. I'm looking at doubling my amps and subs, or doing this shop build with 4 re mt 15 and 2 arc 2500.1. I don't have a link. Last I checked their website was down

I would like to know at what frequency, and what equipment. As I access this site via mobile, I do not see sigs. 160s with four 15"s and 5,000 watts? Are you using a termlab?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Right now I have 2 AA Mayhem 15's and 2 sundown 3000D's @.5 ohm walled. Last metered a 153.9 @ 45 hz with driver door open. Sealed up I'm only at a 150-151 on a term lab. What I'm trying to determine is doubling my subs and amps so I would be running approx 16,000 watts and 4 15's. Or accept this deal and do 2 Arc 2500.1's and 4 RE MT 15's. Right now I'm focused on getting as close to 160 as I can, demo mode with the window down. I know how ridiculous my car has to be modified to do 160's sealed up.

from what im told from an amp repair guy there is only 3 classes A B and D all others are just gimmics to be differnt ive even seen class "j"

gimmic or not ARC audio is the shit and some great sounding amps also mostly made in the usa

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Why not get 2 more mayhems and 2 more 3000s or switch to bigger amps? Seems like a waste to get rid of the sundown amps to have less power. Or just do the 4 mts on the sundowns

1 the arc's are underrated

2 there quality blows sundown out the water

3 there sound blows sundown out the water

if it was me i would go arc over almost any brand now and days some quality usa made shit right there

but ya i would get 2 more mayhems over the mt's everyday of the week

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Why not get 2 more mayhems and 2 more 3000s or switch to bigger amps? Seems like a waste to get rid of the sundown amps to have less power. Or just do the 4 mts on the sundowns

if it was me i would go arc over almost any brand now and days some quality usa made shit right there

this X2 to the max!

That sounds good. I'm getting the amps at a good price so you guys have given me great advice.

I had the ARC Audio 4000SE on my BTL'z & now I have 2 DD m4'z & that ARC blows the DD'z away by far in sound quality

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

I'll be honest, I have never noticed this..."sound quality" on the sub stage that wasn't woofer or enclosure dependent. Anything above a 150 just starts to sound like bass to me :shrug:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived