What a day... Got quite a bit accomplished.

First we put the car up on the lift and ran the power wiring underneath.

a5ea838d.jpg

c593db04.jpg1321b33a.jpg

1b91f18a.jpg

7e7bbd2e.jpg

We also spent quite a bit of time working on the buss bar/ fuse block. I had Justin and David take over this project. They did a great job:

890db798.jpge5cf077e.jpg

4b6f15b9.jpg

I also got to spend some time on the back end of the car:

I used some trunk liner material to start my panels.

c6d0b7c4.jpg

21f4de76.jpg

13cca479.jpg

The I covered them in resin.

9af2ecb6.jpg

My Resin Accelerator ;)

526632af.jpg

After two layers of resin, I got to apply my first layer of filler to get the lumps taken care of.

93636585.jpg8c2cd9de.jpg

That finished off the day. My time is limited tomorrow so I'll keep you posted if anything cool happens. Thanks for looking...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Put some time into the car yesterday. This panel is being a little challenging. I think I'm mixing my resin too hot and it warped at a couple of areas. Had to break them off and redo a few things just to get it to line up with the car. Wish I had more time to put into it. Here's the progress:

4ab8b2de.jpg

We also got the amp in yesterday. The car dropped another inch when we loaded this thing in. All in all the car has dropped about 3 and half to four inches in the back and the woofers aren't in yet. If anyone can recommend a good suspension upgrade that will fit a Nissan Versa, I think Robert is in the market for it.

0f21f737.jpg

Yes mother, we will clean our wiring before we're done.

100da039.jpg

And this is completely unrelated, but I took a little time to spruce up my shop a little further. I used one of the links on this site and bought some T molding from Charter Industries. I've been including my shop in pictures as I have been posting audio stuff, but this is just a pic of the cabinets. I think they've turned out great and can't wait to finish all of them. check it Out:

b86478c2.jpg

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Poor little car ! so much weight !!!

you're doing a great job !

congrats

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

So... Today's progress.

We started building the boxes that will house the 8's. These will mold the large enclosure into the center console. Here's the progress:

24b26bd0.jpg

0b2ca335.jpg

And after a little body filler (I let the boys knock this out):

02a80f86.jpg

I also spent some time trying to on the panel that will go between the battery rack and the amp in the back. This is just the beginning (What Ya Lookin At?):

fc134c6b.jpg

b8d89966.jpg

Tomorrow's going to be a big day. I hope to have some great progress shots. If everything goes well, we'll have quite a bit accomplished "If Everything Goes Well"...

Thanks for looking. Seeya...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Archived