How much should a paint job run for?

My dad charges anywhere from 1000 to 2000 to paint a car its original color, depending on how good of a finish you want it will be more or less, sure he can spray a car for 600 dollars but don't expect it to be great. Now if u want to completely change the color of a car he charges 3k plus ( done right) same thing applies to macco, they can do a show quality paint job or a regular paint job, you just gotta be willing to pay for it. Of course prices also vary depending on how much bodywork needs to be done.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If you ever go to macco, make sure you do the prepwork yourself or done professionally. Macco's painting process is sand for an hour and spray.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Okay thanks. The only body work that needs to be done is a small rust spot on the back passenger side wheel well and the bottom of the door as well.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

• 4 weeks later...

I know the cost of good paint materials will run close to a grand or more. So I decent job with great materials should run close to 3500 easy.

your talking about a full chromasbase paint job right? atleast thats the most expensive paint my dad has ever used.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

• 2 weeks later...

Self sprayed, 300 paint clear, 150 sandpaper tape, 4-500 in body parts.. Free labor.. It's all about how much is involved body work wise

yup... pain't semi-cheap, it's the labor to prep it that costs so much.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I know the cost of good paint materials will run close to a grand or more. So I decent job with great materials should run close to 3500 easy.

This right here is right about the best answer you'll ever get. Any time you expect to pay someone to do a project, just assume its going to cost 1.5 times your quote, and then some... thats just how it works.

Even if you want a half ass job, your gonna spend half now and half later for it to be done again, and then another half to be done a third time. If you want your car painted, either do research or start working late and saving more.

Painting a car has quickly become one of the most expensive things to do to a car, just short of building a quality drive/power train.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Yeah, I ain't painting my car, I found out down the road it will be a collectors item. Considering it was one of the few functioning ones to come off a certain plant before it closed, which was a history in Michigan. So I'm just going to fix up the rust spots and rhino the bottom of it to prevent further rusting.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

• 3 weeks later...

Yea it really depends on what you want/need. My paint job was about $15,600 for every square inch of metal body painted with about 15 coats of candied orange-red, and white rally stripes, but it didnt include the clear coat on top of the stripes, so I can still feel them. But then again if you just want a pain job that isnt going to look like someone threw baloons full of paint at your car, expect something towards a grand and up. Its another of you get what you pay for. If you get one for $500 you should DEFINITELY do the prep YOURSELF, becuase the shopwill most likely half-ass it and start painting.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived