Dc Power and Mechman alts

IB4L !!!

No VS threads dude...need to read the rules

asking people experience with both is fine

:ninja:

Noted!! I fail! lol :pardon:

As far as the OP goes...They both make great alts, so you cant lose either way. Id say go with the one that offers most power for your car. Ive heard a lot of good things about Mike Singer's alts.

Edit-Oh I see what you did there!! :ninja:

I have never ran Mechman but I run a DC XP 270 and its a beast. Mike Singer has a good reputation for building quality alts. I would say shop around and which ever one you can get the best deal on (warranty/price/performance) go with that one. Good luck on getting an alt and welcome to the forum.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

IIs yours a custom application? I had mechman make one for my old car that he said would be a direct bolt on and it wasn't close. I had another company make me one and it fit perfectly. They make good products but im not 100% on the custom applications

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

My 270xp is awesome.

This link should give you a little heads up on alternators.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/dc-power-vs-competition

I believe mechmans 270's are hairpin stators too, but I'm pretty sure singer alts are not. Not to mention dc alts are just plain old sexy.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Read my review on Mechman in the product review section.

DC Alts are the shit, but they're a little slow at times depending on your situation.

My DC Alt worked way better than my Mechman and they only way I managed to kill it was when the bottom Alternator bolt backed itself out and caused the alt to shift and wore the bearings out after a couple hundred miles of driving.

Snapped the belt and drove the 40ish miles home.

Put a new belt on it, tightened bolt and the alternator worked for two more weeks after that even after being fucked up.

Archived