baron_of_bass Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 People on here saying that 3 minutes if full tilt is going to ruin shit. IMO he needs to switch to a better brand of subs, I've always thought that. If I remember DB Don gave the SMDv1 like 7K+ for over one hour, and it still didn't blow. He posted something about it here when he did the test. Team Bass-Hz
OrzechNJ Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I wanna see what he has to say tho !!!! sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
Slapuhho Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 LOL at the people hating on AQ woofers.. My guess is since it's hard to practice for a Kaos run he hadn't messed around with it while actually going full tilt and didn't know the limitations at full tilt for a certain amount of time. Lots of variables play apart in this, but of course all everyone does is see it's an AQ woofer and that's the problem. herp derp.. tell the World Record holder for sb4 what to do. LOL 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
CortezDTV Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Have you thought about swapping brands? IIRC you have had a ton of problems with the aq'sThey're only taking double rated power... AQs must suck if they can't handle that.... while hard clipping, during a kaos run.I hope it was more than a lil clipping a 4" coil should be able to handle some serious power for a very long period of time Have you thought about swapping brands? IIRC you have had a ton of problems with the aq'sThey're only taking double rated power... AQs must suck if they can't handle that.... while hard clipping, during a kaos run.I hope it was more than a lil clipping a 4" coil should be able to handle some serious power for a very long period of time That's what I was thinking.... 2k rms/4k rms is a little low for a modern 4 inch coil sub. Take a temp gun to a dust cap and watch just how fast clipping heats up a sub. There's a reason DD1 exists. When you're in the lanes at finals, you do what you gotta do though. It talking to someone who is probably one f the most aggressive demo'ers on here (redbaron) Christian will vouchI play full tilt clippedor not.... until I have issues, worst I've had is amp protect from heat from me demoing for at least 20 min straight... I don't give a fuck I bought the equipment to use the piss out of it not baby that shit And yes he is still a loud motherfucker... SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
fox_racin4 Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Just a thought, If he had so much "sand" left in it, why is there majic smoke... 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
baron_of_bass Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Just a thought, If he had so much "sand" left in it, why is there majic smoke... Sand must have been taken out to put out the fire. Team Bass-Hz
Quiet Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I see a lot of people not running 24k+ and not doing 162s+ making a lot of armchair quarterbacking noise. The tinsels lit up the suspension. Just a reminder, 24,000 watts is like 5 ovens going at the same time. Kaos run. Shit happens. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
g2shuck Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I was there yesterday and I looked at his truck and talked to him afterwards. Two of the subs were completely locked up solid. I find it impressive that even with 4 subs on fire he kept it full tilt and still held a 150 on the remaining two subs for over 30 seconds till the run ended. 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
fox_racin4 Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I see a lot of people not running 24k+ and not doing 162s+ making a lot of armchair quarterbacking noise. The tinsels lit up the suspension. Just a reminder, 24,000 watts is like 5 ovens going at the same time. Kaos run. Shit happens. I do. Daily. ( as in to and from work.. Daily) Its called knowing the limit of your system. I know where ill start to break shit an i stay 2ish clicks under it. Unless i need to. If he had 0 competition then there was no reason to push shit past its limit. You say the tinsels lit the spiders on fire. That happens from clipping. So there were more then likly signs of issues comming before that happend lol 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Slinky Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I see a lot of people not running 24k+ and not doing 162s+ making a lot of armchair quarterbacking noise. The tinsels lit up the suspension. Just a reminder, 24,000 watts is like 5 ovens going at the same time. Kaos run. Shit happens. I do. Daily. ( as in to and from work.. Daily) Its called knowing the limit of your system. I know where ill start to break shit an i stay 2ish clicks under it. Unless i need to. If he had 0 competition then there was no reason to push shit past its limit. You say the tinsels lit the spiders on fire. That happens from clipping. So there were more then likly signs of issues comming before that happend lol Dude. Stop acting like hes a noob with noob equipment. In the lanes at finals and daily are completely different. He knew what he was doing. Here is a direct quote from his facebook page. Status Update By The Black Nasty Definitely put the Black Nasty thru some pain this weekend. First off did great day one until my kaos qualifying run, I started at a 149 and turn it up to finish with a 156.4 db. That started my downfall for day 2. Head to head vs Matt for x4, I should of had him but my number kept falling the whole run made no sense my truck never does that. We ended up with a tie so had to rerun. My number was dropping even faster on rerun, he got me. So I got 4th for xtreme 4. Took truck back to the pit an found out I had blown 2 woofers, was only on 4. So replace the two blown ones with spares, I am literally inside the wall wiring them up while Mitch is staging my truck for kaos2 head to head. I get final crimp down and heat shrink done as he pulls me into lane2 left side. Get out and start easy and finish with a 153 three minute average. I advance, but lost a coil on one of the top woofers. No more spares left. So that was my break in run, then head to head against team MN loudest in Kaos2. I told Marshall that I am going til it stops playing. About 1 minute in holding a mid 156+ and started smelling subs so most would back it down, I turned it up to MAX. Another 45 seconds and tinsels sparked then fire. That gave me 3rd for kaos2. Video of the fire run will be up in the next day or so along with pics. Everything is fine just a few subs are toast, literally lol. DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.