Sundown Audio

Two crescendo bc3500s clipping problems.

Mikewood21

I need som help ASAP.. I just installed my two crescendo bc3500s today and it is pounding the he'll out of my four American bass hd 15" @2 ohms strapped. I have four kinetic hc2400s , 340 amp mechman alternator... And four runs of 0 gauge , two powers and two grounds, my back batteries are grounded to the frame of the car in the back, there ground to the motor up front. My voltage at idle is about 14.7-14.9 then when reved up 15.3-15.6. My amps didn't cut out they keep playing but every Time I hit a hard bass note my clipping indicator comes on. Wats wrong with my system.

The gain needs to be set properly, how did you set it?

Edit-BTW the clip indicators on most amps arent very accurate from what I understand.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Yea dude fix your gain. Did u use DD-1?

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Guys to be honest I just set it from listening to it... But it's not even up that high, it's less than half way.

Oh. I haven't used this method but some friends say it works for them. Play a song with low notes and turn your gain up until u here distorting then turn it down whur distorting stops. Otherwise invest in a DD-1 or see if any local shops have 1.

Edited by STL

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

I think those bass remote clipping indicators are about worthless. Make sure the connection in the back of the bass remote and the connection at the amp are tight.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

It's near impossible to do it by ear. You need a scope of some sort.

This. You need an O-Scope or a DD-1 to set your gains properly.... before you damage your subs or amps or both.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

if you play music thats clipped it will light, if you've reached max output it will light, if you have bad voltage drop it will light sooner

the light means output voltage has reached rail voltage

stop using the knob and get used to having the gain in the same spot all the time

TeamSundown-sig.jpg