so go get you a dmm and check your positive and negative voltage at the amp if its not reading almost the same as the positive and negative at the battery,then you have resistance either in your wires or the connections, some wires corrode over time and can cause resistance. if your voltage is only off a little bit this is probably not your problem, but it is a process of elimination.

Edited by Bmike

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

no big 3

You're still looking for a problem?

you think so? Even on 1000 watts you need a big 3?

I've seen some cars have 1500 rms with no big 3 upgrade and some cars needing big 3 done with 750 rms. It's all about the specific vehicle/situation. Lots of variables....But the big 3 is a must IMO, especially if you're having power issues.

Edited by zack_e89

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

no big 3

I've seen some cars have 1500 rms with no big 3 upgrade and some cars needing big 3 done with 750 rms. It's all about the specific vehicle/situation. Lots of variables....But the big 3 is a must IMO, especially if you're having power issues.

Let me say that doing the big 3 is also a safety upgrade too. Figure that a 1000 watt system will draw between 100 and 150 amps, plus the stock electrical and BAM: you have 200+ amps on tiny little wires that weren't designed to go over 100 amps. Hello fire.

no big 3

Let me say that doing the big 3 is also a safety upgrade too. Figure that a 1000 watt system will draw between 100 and 150 amps, plus the stock electrical and BAM: you have 200+ amps on tiny little wires that weren't designed to go over 100 amps. Hello fire.

Couldn't agree with you more....fire in car = bad :diablo:

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

as stated check all positive connections to the amp starting at your battery and working back to the amp. even if it "looks" connected doesnt mean it has good connection.. lightly pull on the wires. see if any give. check check again. also check voltage with the truck off and on. and check voltage from battery back making stops between at the posts on your fuse holder.

Make sure none of the wires are getting hot.

And get the big 3 done and out of the way.

You won't have to worry about it in the future.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*