Sundown Audio

Rockford T500-1BDCP @ .5 ohms

severancej

dc sundown aq AA crescendo auidiopipe apk etc are completely different amplifiers from my understanding and they are pretty much all stable below 1ohm if you have the electrical to handle up to double the amps rated current draw.

You must have either old school stuff (if they even had them) or prototypes.. because Ascendant doesnt mass produce amps.

Youre absolutely right. AP is COMPLETELY different from RF :rofl:

Dont run the RF under 1 ohm unless youre wiling to kiss it goodbye prematurely.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

dc sundown aq AA crescendo auidiopipe apk etc are completely different amplifiers from my understanding and they are pretty much all stable below 1ohm if you have the electrical to handle up to double the amps rated current draw.

You must have either old school stuff (if they even had them) or prototypes.. because Ascendant doesnt mass produce amps.

Youre absolutely right. AP is COMPLETELY different from RF :rofl:

Dont run the RF under 1 ohm unless youre wiling to kiss it goodbye prematurely.

AA could refer to Addictive Audio

AA could refer to Addictive Audio

Good point. Damn, I havent heard of them in a LONG time.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

well, i regret readin this. same answer saying dont run rf below rated and still the same why not question....

when one of the more well known and respected members on here say not to do something then just dont do it. why, because they know what they are talking about. if they tell you no and tell you to do more research and learn then do it. if you continue to ask the same question dont get mad when they call you stupid and tell you to gtfo...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

OP here is what you are missing.

There is such thing as impedance rise, if you dont know what this is then google it. The CP series of amps was meant to fight impedance rise by being able to put out the same amount of power at 1 ohm and 2 ohm. You might have wired down to .5 ohm nominal, but you are rising up into the same reactive range that you would be anyway, but by wiring down you are putting more stress on the amplifier. With the technology in that amp, wiring down to .5 is just pointless.

But you went against the advice of alot of guys here that know what they are talking about and did it anyway. Congratulations you accomplished nothing.

lol at the guy who said i wont be heard from. i did drop my shit to .5 ohms it did great not much gain in output tho. so there ya go it can be done and im still using this bad ass little amp and, so i just got some e series sundowns btw.

That was me...

Ok,... my sincer apology bro....... I should have thought you would start a thread, and answer it almost half a year later. Congrats on running a constant power amp at a level that has no benifit. (it did great not much gain in output tho) Why would you think it would???? Anyway,... cool story man...

And carry on.

1 ohm or higher for me. I'm a daily bass bumper.

.5 ohm and lower for the bad asses that are in competitions

edit: They run it low so they can compete in certain classes and maximize the power of the amps for a burp. You're doing a daily set up so no point in .5 ohms

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Not to agree with the op and other guy wanting to run below 1 but what about rise ? For example i am wired to .7 but for the sake of the question lets say .5 .. Ok and i know my box has x3 rise so would it affect the amp at all due to rise ? Or how does rise play a role in half ohm wiring. Question for the pros. Sorry to thread jack.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

check out Cj's post... remember... the amplifer is a CONSTANT POWER model............

the model is built to put out roughly the same at lower impedance vs slightly higher................ wiring down doesnt do anything but cause un-needed stress....

So if he had 3x box rise, wired at .5 nom,.....then "rose" x3,.... ...... well, he would gain,... turd..........

lol at the guy who said i wont be heard from. i did drop my shit to .5 ohms it did great not much gain in output tho. so there ya go it can be done and im still using this bad ass little amp and, so i just got some e series sundowns btw.

you're a dumbass.

you have impedance rise. every amp sees rise. it didnt gain "much" output because its a Constant fucking Power amplifier. CP amps are SPECIFICALLY FUCKING MADE to combat impedance rise, so that you get equal amounts of power at varying ohm loads.

the only fucking reason your amp worked at .5 is because your box rise was making you amp see over 1 ohm. thats the only reason. there is no other reason.

you're trying to get 1000w out of a 500w amp that is already underrated 60%. what the fuck man? just buy a god damn 1000w amp. its not like you're gonna notice a difference between 800 and 1000w anyways.

Archived