Sonic Electronix

I DONT UNDERSTAND SOUND DEADENER!!

Ok so my trunk rattles a lot and I want to get sound deadener but somebody told me it would be quieter on the outside of the car.If it stops the rattle and makes it louder on the inside,shouldn't it be louder on the outside?(As far as people hearing me from down the street)because that's what I want.Someone please explain or tell me if my theory is right!

Think about it like this.. with the sound deadener, you hear a rattle from down the street, with it, you'll here a boom but it won't be as loud as your rattle :) But yeah, it will make the SPL in your car a bit higher.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

i dont get why people want to be heard so badly from the outside not to mention those that WANT rattle. i personally could care less if you cant hear me on the outside but if its loud in the cabin(which most likely be loud outside) then im good with that. and rattle.. id try to eliminate as much rattle as possible cuz thats just so nasty sounding. you want to hear the music not the sheet metal.

ok first off the whole point is to enjoy your system. not piss people off by making them hear it outside the car. second, sound deadener is stoping a panel from transfering acoustical energy. if the panel doesnt vibrate then its reflecting sound waves and not absorbing them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

:Doh::wtf: Nothing makes me more mad than hearing rattles down the road. This thread is full of loss

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Think of it this way, if your friends can hear you so can the COPS and the THIEVES who want to steal your shit. The less you can be heard while still being as loud as you enjoy it without others hearing it then you'll be much better off.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2