Sonic Electronix

I've been ticketed multiple times for noise pollution/ audible loudspeaker in Sacramento. Cops say its 50 ft. i've racked in over $1800 in tickets just from my system. i've learned my way around it tho, I was pulled over one time for loud music, yet i wasn't even playing any. If you question the cop when you're pulled over, you might go free, ask him, "how do you know it was me?" "did you SEE me playing my music?" "What proof do you have?". Around that point, most just give up. if not, take him to court. unless they have you on video with a db meter pointed at your car, there's no real proof. and its worth fighting the $375 ticket. trust me.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

here in connecticut the parts of town where i live same thing, if he hears it you can get a ticket, but they rather catch people who are actually speeding, no seat belt, or violating the red lights no turn on red. It depends on the asshole you get, most like i said, are cool with it and will let it slide with a warning, here is 50 feet

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...

here in connecticut the parts of town where i live same thing, if he hears it you can get a ticket, but they rather catch people who are actually speeding, no seat belt, or violating the red lights no turn on red. It depends on the asshole you get, most like i said, are cool with it and will let it slide with a warning, here is 50 feet

/\ this.....im constanly on the pike in ct cuz im always goin inbetween my grams n moms house and this is 100% true here..... same in west hartford

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I've been ticketed multiple times for noise pollution/ audible loudspeaker in Sacramento. Cops say its 50 ft. i've racked in over $1800 in tickets just from my system. i've learned my way around it tho, I was pulled over one time for loud music, yet i wasn't even playing any. If you question the cop when you're pulled over, you might go free, ask him, "how do you know it was me?" "did you SEE me playing my music?" "What proof do you have?". Around that point, most just give up. if not, take him to court. unless they have you on video with a db meter pointed at your car, there's no real proof. and its worth fighting the $375 ticket. trust me.

This. He has no probably cause.

ive always had the idea to try this.. human hearing range is generally between 20hz and 20khz, so if i turn off my mids and highs, and play 15hz *around 148~db at that frequency* if they pulled me over, I could technically say there literally is NO way he heard me playing my music that loud.. because human hearing cannot technically hear that.

was a thought, prob try and video tape it just to see his reaction when i pop up with the medical speech lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

You could always use Florida as a precedent stating that the law is unconstitutional and too vague. A corporate lawyer from St. Petersburg is currently arguing it in the Florida Supreme Court, All other lower courts sided with him and the state appealed.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-05-12-car-stereo-law-florida_n.htm

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Supreme-Court-to-Rule-On-Blasting-Car-Stereos-132010083.html

^^^ No proof=no ticket. I'd always pull that card in my hometown. Being the lazy ass donut munchers they are, they wouldn't get a camera/meter, so they couldn't write me up. Only time I got a ticket was when my neighbors reported me for disturbing the peace when I was working on my stereo. Jerks.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Would be a last resort thing.. small town, they'd be getting me for speeding if i pulled that card. They'd follow me for awhile and decide to target my car till i got a ticket

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I turned my stuff up at a gas station. A cop pulled in that I didn't see. He walked up to my window, and said "turn that down, I can hear it all the way on the other side of the parking lot".

Then he said "and those guys over there are talking about stealing your stuff"

then he said "if you don't turn it down, I'm arresting you and taking your car to 'car jail'"

I got trolled.

Archived