Reminder: Alts are not perfect. Charge up your bats!

Still undecided.

I have been sick and stay pretty much in bed until work at 3 then to bed right after so I have not had the time to drive my ass to the DMV to renew my motorcycle registration. The online renewal keeps rejecting me when I try so its just repeated kicks to the nutz.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

$200 for a charger that's 1.5 of my check. :)

but yet you have an 09 tahoe

sundown zs singer dual alts and a few pair of jordans whcih leads me to believe youve got more than a few. At least you have your priorities straight.

Well now that I read what I posted it does sound like I'm bitching.

Yeah. Your right I might as well do it right the first time. I'm about to break down and just get the Xs charger.

It's about 5 pairs of J's

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

If you are concerned about the compatability of your battery and a charger, don't cheap on the charger side make sure you get one that clearly says it is designed for your type battery.

-Drew

now im confused, people here are using battery chargers that are just for normal battery's not AMG. but your saying that we should have a AGM specific charger?

i have a harbor freight 1.5amp charger that ive been using but if it shouldn't be used with agm batts i guess ill be looking for a new charger

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200328565_200328565

what is the deal with these desulfinators or what ever. It says it pulses.

I've been wanting to get a good charger. Then I found this. It looks like i could mount it to my tonneau and use it 24/7 except at night and when raining duh...

I put a one wire alt on my truck a while back and it fried my 3.sixty twice and I took it off figuring that it was b/c of the internal self-regulating circuitry. That makes me nervous to get this b/c now it's not in warranty and really like my 3.sixty. Does any one have any thoughts to using this while bumping? or any thoughts to the desulfinating claim?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Wow I really need to start putting the charger on my battery, never knew it actually helped even though battery isn't dead. Only problem is that I have no easy access to my battery terminals. I have to take off wheel, remove wheel well panels and then I have limited access to the terminals. Am I able to put the positive charger clamp on the post that is on the fuse box that is hot (also labeled pos. jump here) and then put the negative clamp on chasis ground? Or does it need to be clamped directly onto the battery?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

My batts sit on the charger right when I get home everyday. There is no substitute for a XS Power Intelli charger if one can afford it. Simply the best out there period.

run the extention cord through the drivers side door handle...

I have the charger in the trunk.. and make sure the plug is out side the trunk.. if I do pull away with it hooked up it will unplug and not rip the cord through the trunk lid ..LOL

I have this charger

http://shop.advancea...____#fragment-2

I always have a volt meter hooked up when I charge.. I actually use the GEL and "cold" setting it never goes over 14.4 the other settings will .. I have tested it.. this charger stays in my trunk all the time i charge weekly

• 2 months later...

How many amps should I charge a battery at? I have a lead battery (do believe it has "gold" in the name, I can't see the battery unless I take the well and wheel well off). Is .75 amps to little? Or does it just depend how long its on there? I would prob throw it on the charger anytime the car is parked. But sometimes that could be a week. And could anyone give me a decent charger for someone on a budget. <$50

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived