Sonic Electronix

in 1999 when i went to buy some punch power dvc 15s for my crx, i was argued with for 20 minutes about how the speakers move so much air because of the size, that i wouldn't even be able to hear it in the car. 30 feet away it would be great, but in the car, i wouldnt even be able to hear it all that well.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all must remember shops are a business and they are going to say what they can to meet the margin goals, not many people walk into a shop and buy 18's. Actually of all the people I know and work with none of them have bought their 18's from a shop, so shops keep on hand what people walk in and buy.......10's 12's and a few 15's. Also nobody wants to pay labor on a custom built enclosure, when we all know 15 guys who will build you 1 for 1/4 of the cost (whether it's worth a shit or not is the main question) so shops have prefabs on hand to sell quickly and affordable to those who stroll in off the street and they still make a buck. With an increase in the internet allowed the increase in internet sales and with this it sucked all the profit out of the equipment it self. So yeah most shop owners are a little pissy and are hanging on with basic installs and remote starters.

Yes i agree 100% and there are many shops that are very knowledgable and equipped but there is no excuse for some shops to be so pushy and to talk trash on other brands or things they don't know. Thats what gives me bad impressions

Oh I'm not saying this is all shops, just some. Some shops shouldn't be considered shops at all and are a group of opinionated assholes who happen to have a couple speakers and a cash register lol. Then you have shops like Pulse, Audio Innovations, DRC and many many others that you can pull into and get much much more then you bargain for. I am just speaking up for the shops that everyone bags out for trying to sell the product they carry on hand. Every shop around the country would love to carry every brand out there but that would never ever happen. And how would you like to own a shop when every customer came in and told you how much better a product only found online was then the stuff you have on your self. Imagine yourself at work and everyone you talk to told you how much better the place up the street was, it gets old....

I was told by a shop that they don't sell 18s because the boxes they require are too big. Buddy was also told that 15s would be sloppier than the 12s but the 12s would have more punch or some shit.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

We all must remember shops are a business and they are going to say what they can to meet the margin goals, not many people walk into a shop and buy 18's. Actually of all the people I know and work with none of them have bought their 18's from a shop, so shops keep on hand what people walk in and buy.......10's 12's and a few 15's. Also nobody wants to pay labor on a custom built enclosure, when we all know 15 guys who will build you 1 for 1/4 of the cost (whether it's worth a shit or not is the main question) so shops have prefabs on hand to sell quickly and affordable to those who stroll in off the street and they still make a buck. With an increase in the internet allowed the increase in internet sales and with this it sucked all the profit out of the equipment it self. So yeah most shop owners are a little pissy and are hanging on with basic installs and remote starters.

Yes i agree 100% and there are many shops that are very knowledgable and equipped but there is no excuse for some shops to be so pushy and to talk trash on other brands or things they don't know. Thats what gives me bad impressions

Oh I'm not saying this is all shops, just some. Some shops shouldn't be considered shops at all and are a group of opinionated assholes who happen to have a couple speakers and a cash register lol. Then you have shops like Pulse, Audio Innovations, DRC and many many others that you can pull into and get much much more then you bargain for. I am just speaking up for the shops that everyone bags out for trying to sell the product they carry on hand. Every shop around the country would love to carry every brand out there but that would never ever happen. And how would you like to own a shop when every customer came in and told you how much better a product only found online was then the stuff you have on your self. Imagine yourself at work and everyone you talk to told you how much better the place up the street was, it gets old....

Put that way. It's very understandable why they would be fustrated after a while but yeah. To me its 20% what they sell and 80% how they treat you. :)

It's all sales, go to a car lot and listen to why brand "a's" car is better then brand "b's". same shit just different tactics. I don't defend probably 50% of the shops out there, but because of the internet we all walk in to shops and put on our "I'm just here to challenge your products and knowledge" hat and get to talking shit LOL. Back in the 90's it was a shops or some one you seen at a comp or a carshows word you went on. Before prefabs were around, before Torres made everyone a box guru. Before Kicker, Rockford and JL had Iphone apps to make everyone wiring wizards lol.

Most shops probably don't sell 18s because they sell one 18 for every 100 12s?

18s are probably sloppy sounding, that's why every rock concert used them, oh but wait, they have

power

airspace

room for the wave to develop in front of the sub

money

All the things the expert car audio customer usually lacks.

The problem with car audio shop owners is that they continue to try to support this industry that goes and looks at the products in the store, calls the employees idiots, and goes and buys it online. I have a lot of respect for anyone still trying to keep a brick and morter car audio shop going. You are my hero!

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

room for the wave to develop in front of the speaker

Size of the speaker has nothing to do with that. The longer wavelength (lower frequency) does.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived