Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

Discalmer: My car is a total mess, everything covered in sawdust and just packages of supplies laying around. I know it's messy, but that's just how it goes. lol

Alright, I started the console today. Making lots of rough cuts and stuff.

First "bracket" made. just a 1X4 drilled out and I used the factory dash bracing and bolt to get started.

001-5_zpsed702d30.jpg

002-1_zpsda9dd1fb.jpg

Using "L" brackets so I don't have to drill through anything and wont need a bunch of filler and sanding.

003-3_zps9e56797d.jpg

The screws that came with the "L" brackets are 3/4" so I had to use the grinder and shorten them. I had to put the point back on them too because otherwise they would try to waller out the holes

004-2_zpse23226a3.jpg

I had to make a couple of these to go behind the heater controls so I would have a mount for them. Its' a weird ass little shape but it works.

005-1_zps513ab30a.jpg

You don't see it in this pic, but both sides are mirrored of those jigsaw shaped pieces

008_zps51750f54.jpg

Yeah, there is a gap on the right side. I i may cut a new back brace but it really won't make much difference so it may just stay that way.

I moved the heater controls from up top to down to the bottom. I don't mess with the heat and a/c as often as I do the h/u so this is more practical sense for me.

007-2_zpsf995447f.jpg

009-1_zps1988a315.jpg

Starting on some framing for around the touchscreen. It sits nicely right on top the heater controls. Blends in real well i think.

011-1_zps96c204db.jpg

I also started on the framing for the headunit. It will go right above the screen but sit at a slight angle up.

012-1_zps5da2a13d.jpg

That's all for today, I have to pull an extra shift tomorrow at work so it will be a minute before i can get more done.

Thanks for looking!

Didn't get much done today, had to stop in the middle of everything to go to a BBQ. Had a great time there.

002-1_zpsd5f81192.jpg

003-3_zps5fef7a4d.jpg

004-2_zpsdd3d0e61.jpg

I need this heater vent out of the dash. Fun

010_zps887811cb.jpg

011-1_zpsb665225e.jpg

Started figuring out how to do the Bezel. Just a template. Going to have to do some interesting things to make it work.

I'm losing light, and i have to work tomorrow.

014-1_zpsc717abcd.jpg

I am going to need center vents for the crappy winters here in Kansas. The original vents were broke and brittle. Anyway, I used some 1/4 MDF, tapered the edges with my sander and painted them gray to match the interior. This is what i have been doing all morning. LOL 6 hours and i made one vent. This build is going to take forever dammit,

001-5_zpsd46c65ae.jpg

002-1_zps303b3bae.jpg

004-2_zpsb3d3c88e.jpg

These spacers are just sitting here in this shot. They get painted and lined up along the edges.

005-1_zpscb23b8ee.jpg

007-2_zps307dfa4b.jpg

008_zps56a524b0.jpg

Something to note, there wil be a gap at the bottom under the bottom vent. It's just sitting there right now. I just wanted to check again for to just make sure it was all going to fit right. And as you can see there is a nice little spot for the VM-1 too. :D

009-1_zpsfaec4a31.jpg

Wow dude this build is sick!!!

Smoking is bad for u tho bro... But i love the creativity.

I quit smoking for 8 years man, I have no idea why i started again. Stupid i guess.

Really diggin' the vent - time well spent!! Keep up the good work.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Very thoughtful bro.

Also, (know one knows this, but, in a month, im at 12 months smoke free, please dont start, and that is your momma talk for the day) your doing a great great job. Make it work, is the definition of this build. Get outta this mans way, its happening. !!!!! love it !!

(and dude,.. please, stop. And, i know, anyone telling me, made me buy another pack, but..... just saying)

Archived