Second Skin Audio

Questions on firing forward

I know that when I faced the subs in my last setup forward in my charger the lows suffered badly...

Hmmm...so maybe there is something to what I heard. Like Orionstang said, it's probably vehicle dependent and I'll just have to test it all out myself.

I know that when I faced the subs in my last setup forward in my charger the lows suffered badly...

Hmmm...so maybe there is something to what I heard. Like Orionstang said, it's probably vehicle dependent and I'll just have to test it all out myself.

Yep it deff is vehicle dependent obviously because there are guys on here who absolutely slam with their forward facing setups I wish mine was that way :(

Meade said on one of his videos that They will always sound better firing forward as long as they are completely sealed off from the back at the baffle. If their not sealed off then you won't gain. I had 2 15 type-r's in my 2 door pursuit firing forward in small box and the lows were choked. When i turned the box around and fired into the trunk, the lows dramatically improved. But, the box was not even close to sealed, it slid around the car like rollerblades haha. I am working on a wall now with 2 15 Btls. I will let you know how that works out as now it will be sealed, obviously.

Side note: Berlow7 from youtube has 4 Autotek 15's in a 2 door cobalt walled and that thing slams the lows. So It has to do with sealing. :)...(hopefully)

Edited by Amart88

i just installed a system in my sisters 07 optima and was thinking the same thing what did you put in yours.

Well I haven't put anything but a head unit in so far, but right now I've got a dc level 2 12" M2 and a dc 1.2k. I'm gonna run the single 12 for a while then when I get some more money saved up I'm going to upgrade to something with more power but that's down the road.

Out of curiosity, do you know what your sisters optima peaked at? And what equipment did you use?

If you are going to fire forward then you really need to seal off all the little holes. Might need to take panels off to find all of the holes that are needed to cover up.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks