Having a hard time finding a H/O Alt.

you couldnt have looked very hard. I know of three that can do it off the top of my head.

they have some, but i won't a direct fit. I know DC listed some. Mechman I haven't tried. I don't want to spend anymore money on something that "might" fit. And have my truck in the shop for weeks without and alt.

weeks??!! an alt replacement should take a shop a couple hours. what was wrong with fitment?

The alt replace took around 2 hours, but after discovering that the alt didn't fit I attempted several times to contact DC Power with no success. I had to wait until the BBB to contact DC to even get a response so that I could get a refund.

so you had your truck sitting in a shop for weeks at a time instead of throwing the old one back in and getting it on the road? either that or Im not following your reasoning. I agree that you shouldn't have had to call the BBB to get ahold of them, but having your truck sitting in a shop for something as simple as an alt replacement is just a bad judgement call.

My old one was malfunctioning

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

I've installed multiple DC alternators in jeeps. They were all direct fit, like stated. Many jeeps on the forum are running DC alternators. And the fact you actually think the BBB is some form of authority makes me laugh.

You haven't called or talked with any company, you just went through the website (ordered wrong alt), don't get the knowledge, or installed it on your own. And like N8 said, heaps of companies out there. The force is not strong with this one...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I've installed multiple DC alternators in jeeps. They were all direct fit, like stated. Many jeeps on the forum are running DC alternators. And the fact you actually think the BBB is some form of authority makes me laugh.

You haven't called or talked with any company, you just went through the website (ordered wrong alt), don't get the knowledge, or installed it on your own. And like N8 said, heaps of companies out there. The force is not strong with this one...

I don't think the BBB is an authority. I went to them after not getting any response from DC for days to write a review. And before I ordered anything I called DC Power. THEY told me which model to order for my particular vehicle.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

I didin't post this to start a controversial thread about DC. I want to from jeep owners and installers what alt works well with the truck.

I didin't post this to start a controversial thread about DC. I want to from jeep owners and installers what alt works well with the truck.

I installed DC alternators in multiple jeep and have always had great luck. Installed only one Mechman alternator in a jeep, it worked and bolted as well.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

We build Jeep units all the time, got a couple on order right now. All of our friends here run them in their Jeeps.

I could have one built and shipped in a couple days for your application.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, whats a good cheap ho alt for a 01 grand cherokee

"Cheap" and "HO alt" don't go in the same sentence unless you're looking at some fake shitty Ebay post or on Powerbastards.com, which is just as bad if not worse.

My singer 350 amp was cheap for its size

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s