For those that do multiple 1/0 runs to the trunk, do you go through firewall?

If you have any extra after the 3 runs, do 1 more ground to frame in back. So 2 pos front to back, 1 neg front to back 1 neg back to frame

I like this idea.

However, it kinda sucks that Knu sells in bulks of 50ft or more expensive for by the feet. Maybe I can work out a deal with them and get the cheaper by the feet deal for just an extra few feets.

I'm pretty sure I would need 18 feet per run to the trunk of my 99 Camry. That would not leave me with enough for an additional 18 feet run of negative :(

Unless I do runs of 16 feet or something heh.

Edit: just did my measurements and concluded that it would be safer to do runs of 18 feet.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

just did 3 runs of 4/0 in da fusion. Im sure if i can get 4 /0 through teh firewall you can get 1 1/0 through there as well

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Well, now I feel like a dick. Bought a spool of red and black yesterday :sorry:

It's fine. I'm still compiling my list of stuff so I can buy all at once from them.

List so far:

$30

Krystal Kable 4 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KRY4.6M

$29.99

Klear Kable Blue 10 Gauge Speaker Wire

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLE10BL

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You can always sell what left. I can take it off your hands.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Help me put all of this on paper guys!

I'm trying to compile a list of all the crap I'll need to buy for this setup.

2 Runs of 1/0 18ft to the battery in trunk.

I'm going to assume I will need 2x 300A inline fuses in the front and 2x 300A inline fuses in the rear battery. (Ray where you at? Where should I buy mine. I heard you're against Knu ones).

1 run of 1/0 18ft to the negative in the trunk

I'm guessing next I will need a few Distribution blocks? To wire the 5K amp and the PPI P900.4 Amp?

This is going to be so confusing :(

Anyone wanna help me compile a list? It's all of those Distribution blocks that's confusing me.

I took out my seats and carpet for my runs, put them through the firewall with gromets, ran them down the middle of the cab along the center console, then to the trunk.

Also usually you want to have the same number of + and - runs.

Hmm. I have them going through the driver side and my RCA's through the middle console.

Well, I don't think I want to spend $400 on Knu wire, so I'll probably just do the positve runs and ground the trunk battery to the frame of car somewhere.

To the guy above post, how much is Shok wire and is it OFC ?

And are you running the positive and negative runs on top of each other?

Yeah it's OFC. You'd have to email russ for a quote though. It's pretty high quality wire. The competition cable is 5250 strands.

A great place for fuses/blocks is vtewarehouse.com DIRT CHEAP. They're not the prettiest but they work.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

You can always sell what left. I can take it off your hands.

Hehe, I'll most likely sell off what's leftover, but 4 runs to the back and big 3 etc will add up!

Help me put all of this on paper guys!

I'm trying to compile a list of all the crap I'll need to buy for this setup.

2 Runs of 1/0 18ft to the battery in trunk.

I'm going to assume I will need 2x 300A inline fuses in the front and 2x 300A inline fuses in the rear battery. (Ray where you at? Where should I buy mine. I heard you're against Knu ones).

1 run of 1/0 18ft to the negative in the trunk

I'm guessing next I will need a few Distribution blocks? To wire the 5K amp and the PPI P900.4 Amp?

This is going to be so confusing :(

Anyone wanna help me compile a list? It's all of those Distribution blocks that's confusing me.

You should just need 4 (or 6 if you want to fuse from back batt to amp which I suggest) fuse holders, 6 fuses, a few grommets, and ring terminals. Shouldn't need any D-blocks since you can just put another run of wire off the 2nd battery.

^

^

So,

D2400 Hood Batt--> 2x 1/0 Power Wire Run --> 2x 300A Fuse Holders --> Trunk --> 2x 300A Fuse Holders --> XP3000 Trunk Batt

XP3000 Trunk Batt --> 2x 1/0 Wire Power Run --> 2x 300A Fuse Holder --> DC5K Amp (Assuming the 5k Amp that I get will require 2x Power Runs)

XP3000 Trunk Batt --> 1x 1/0 Wire Power Run Power --> 1x 300A Fuse Holder -->PPi P900.4 Amp

DC5k Amp --> 1x 1/0 Wire Ground Run --> Distribution Ground Fuse Block? --> Frame

PPi P900.4 Amp --> 1x 1/0 Wire Ground Run --> Same Distribution Ground Fuse Block --> Frame

So I need,

7x Inline 300A Fuse Holders & 1 Distribution Ground Block or more?

Can someone help me with the diagram here?

Can't I just use a distribution block somewhere in this equation to cut down on the Inline Fuse Holders?

Also, should I use some 4 Gauge wire during the amp part in the trunk or should I stick with all 1/0 Wire?

Oh I'm also guessing the Fuse Holder or Distribution blocks for the powers on the amp will not be 300A and will be something else according to the Amp fuse ratings?

Archived