Hugh G. Rection Posted March 20, 2012 Author Report Posted March 20, 2012 this thread has been interesting so far.... lol one of the more interesting ones i can think of on smd recently.... Owner of BigAss Ports
DTS909 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 No pussy hand shakes here. VM-1 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Hertz HSK 165XL Arc Audio KS 300.2 Linear Power 1002 Full Mods Fi Audio Q 10s Sundown Audio Scv 3000 Big 3 XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH Singer Alternator Sky High Wire <p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 im part of the youth, but it was one thing my dad taught to me and my brother, firm handshake, yes sir, no sir to people you dont know well. All i know when i get the "dead" hand i think to myself ,"what's wrong with this guy...?" edit: from what i see, parenting has really taken a down turn, a lot more bitter and self righteous kids running around it seems, and the hand shake would go with that. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
mbdblue Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 no, its not a southern thing, i live in WA and i personally hate the flaccid handshake. If you can't give a nice firm handshake, then you are not worth my time. It probably has to do with your upbringing and if you talked to people. My dad was a salesman for most of my younger life so i probably learned from him. Id agree with this.....from the rundown, I've gotten many "dead fish" handshakes from the younger generation. I take it as slightly insulting. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Hugh G. Rection Posted March 20, 2012 Author Report Posted March 20, 2012 I've gotten many "dead fish" handshakes from the younger generation. I take it as slightly insulting. im glad im not the only one who feels genuinely insulted by this..... Owner of BigAss Ports
Omega5002 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 I'm 19 years old, and I shake hands when I meet someone new or when I greet someone older than me, plus my dad always taught me that you can tell a lot about a person when you shake hands with them, which is why he tells me I need to work on my hand shaking. If I have kids, I'm gonna teach them a proper handshake, and proper manners also since people nowadays seem to be lacking it. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
sundown-e21 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 might i add that 1. OP you have a great username and 2. I don't think it is a problem with the "younger" generation considering I am younger than 18 and have friends that also shake very well. It all has to do with how you are raised and if you are a spoiled brat that doesn't know how to be a gentlemen. /rant 1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it Sundown SA-12d2 Big 3 Optima 75-25 Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box Pioneer USB stereo Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky) Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream) Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.
Hugh G. Rection Posted March 20, 2012 Author Report Posted March 20, 2012 I don't think it is a problem with the "younger" generation considering I am less than 18. It all has to do with how you are raised and if you are a spoiled brat that doesn't know how to be a gentlemen. /rant thats a very respectable opinion. Owner of BigAss Ports
Jskiles Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 Im 24 and I was raised to shake hands and be polite. But what Ive noticed in the pas couple months is that people don't shake hands anymore. Mainly the mid 30 to late 40 year olds where I'm from which I think is rude. 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
uhoh_45 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 also judge a person by there hand shake a good solid hand shake = solid person haha simple as that R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.