Second Skin Audio

New enclosure design???

going to be hard to tune that low without bending the aero or increasing the depth

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

When I calculated with an aero they were 16" long. I was gonna run a pair of 4", 16" long. Depth is 20" , so I would have roughly 4" from the end of the port to the inside wall.

Plus with the .47 displacement that is both subs @ .17 & the top of the enclosure has angles at the top corners, that came out to .13 cu ft displacement.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

A single 6" aero mounted on the baffle 19" long on a box 35" W x 20" D x 13.5" H will do the job.

You can either place an elbow to make it turn or run it partially external.

it will give you about 8 square inces per cube, 30Hz and 3.5 cubic feet of net volume.

Should be pretty easy.

Look through my build log. I've tried numerous forward facing with one 12. Best I got was a 42 on a DC 3.5k. Now. Two tens and 1,000 watts rear facing sounds louder. Plus port noise facing forward with aeros can happen easily. Not saying yours won't be different. But I would make sure to really test it before making it permanent.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

with the equipment being ran, i think there are other things to ask. Audio, im assuming this is a SQ style box you are wanting with the blues, linear power, etc. or do you want it to be loud? iirc SQ styled ported boxes should be tuned LOW, like 28hz, and not be big ports like 12-16 or whatever the fuck people say. low tuning, low to medium power, small port efficient port.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I've always considered that 15sqin of port per cuft rule for slot vented ports. Aero ports kinda go by their own rules and you don't need nearly as much to sound good. I'd do one 6" port or two 4" as deep as you can make them firing forward completley sealed off. You may also be able to shoot them up under the rear window allowing for half the port to be external and keep your port length up. But this would require more work in the rear deck to fabricate it up.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew