Second Skin Audio

What sub should i run on my Rockford T2K

Lets start this off by saying that this IS NOT A VS. POST!!!

I have a Rockford T2000.1bd and i need to push some subs off it, now i haven't decided on a brand and i don't want your input on what brand you think is better. I am looking for Factual Correct info on the setups. I Have narrower my search and i'm looking for a Loud n' Clear setup.

These are some options:

2 10" 1000w RMS Subs

1 12" 2000w RMS Sub

2 12" 1000w RMS Subs

1 15" 2000w RMS Sub

Can anyone give me pros and cons to any of there setups? Rember i dont want personal bias and this is not a VS. post.

Thanks

We cant tell you which will be the loudest and clearest.

It all depends on your install and vehicle. Do whatever you have room for.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Gonna need more info than that... like what vehicle, how much space you have to work with etc.

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Lets start this off by saying that this IS NOT A VS. POST!!!

I have a Rockford T2000.1bd and i need to push some subs off it, now i haven't decided on a brand and i don't want your input on what brand you think is better. I am looking for Factual Correct info on the setups. I Have narrower my search and i'm looking for a Loud n' Clear setup.

These are some options:

2 10" 1000w RMS Subs

1 12" 2000w RMS Sub

2 12" 1000w RMS Subs

1 15" 2000w RMS Sub

Can anyone give me pros and cons to any of there setups? Rember i dont want personal bias and this is not a VS. post.

Thanks

2 12's on 1000W each will be the loudest if you have enough room.

Do you have 7-8 cubes to work with?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Space is not a problem, this is what I'm looking for, can anyone confirm these and feel free to add to them as you wish. Just rember this is not a VS. post.

2 10"s- they will be a tighter sound but it lacks output in the lower hz.

1 15"s- has excellent lower hz output but lacks upper hz out put.

For anyone who wants the cone displacement (SA*Xmax) they are

2 10"s 245in^3

1 12" 442in^3

2 12"s 360^3

1 15 702in^3

Now I am pritty sure that these numbers ^ are directly related to the SPL output but I'm not 100% sure

Space is not a problem, this is what I'm looking for, can anyone confirm these and feel free to add to them as you wish. Just rember this is not a VS. post.

2 10"s- they will be a tighter sound but it lacks output in the lower hz.

1 15"s- has excellent lower hz output but lacks upper hz out put.

For anyone who wants the cone displacement (SA*Xmax) they are

2 10"s 245in^3

1 12" 442in^3

2 12"s 360^3

1 15 702in^3

Now I am pritty sure that these numbers ^ are directly related to the SPL output but I'm not 100% sure

No they aren't(because in a box, those HUGE xmax numbers will never be achieved, except in a sealed box..), motor force is very important too and other things.

The sensivitity rating isn't important either.

And 10 don't play tighter then 15's, and 15's don't play lower then 10's.

It's all in the box.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I have read that one 15 is the best because it can hit the lower hz cleaner without distortion but it takes longer to move their for there is a lag and possible distortion, however if you have enoughf power to the 15 it will become tighter like a 10" or a 12". Is this correct?

I'm talking in thory, in a perfect conditions, no back pressure on the cone, no distortion from tha amp, all perfectly sized enclosures, probily T-Lines. In thory how will the output change, if you are going to criticize my post then don't comment.

if you are going to be listening to hip-hop, my preference would be, i'd go with 2 12"s kicker or w.e you prefer, like i said can't give you an honest opinion depends on your install, if you are going to have the box ported or sealed(wouldn't recommend).

if you are a guy who listens to daily music, hip-hop, rap, jazz, r&b, electro etc. you can always go with 2 10"s sealed or ported

also for a 15" idea, i would try the hcca from orion, seen some badass vidz of that thing and your amp is not a bad match for that sub

like i said kind of hard to answer a question within subs i have never heard in my life, i would also look into digital design, DCaudio, audioque, skar, and peoples most used Fiaudio

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...