HunterJohnson Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 congrats on the kid and wanting to keep it plus SHE wanting you to keep your hobby, you've got a good girl! Keep your system and dont buy new stuff. If its a struggle then sell it and I'd build a kick ass box and leave the 4 seater so you can keep your kid in the back. Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
punkrockprs Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 i have a newborn and i did not sell my system. my fam was telling me to and said ill never use it anyways but there will be times when your driving alone and youll be glad you have it. bassless driving sucks after youve had bass for so long. keep the system man itll be worth it. you may feel the urge to sell it now but itll be worth keeping it in the longrun. C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said: Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch. Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/ New build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/
CJ18 Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 Just scratch the wall idea and you are good. Gotta have that backseat now.
Sheena Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 It's been said already, but I think it should be hammered home. Priorities first and always. Family over audio. If she says keep it, then keep it. I know the whole, she's just saying that to keep me happy but in reality she wants it gone.. Just say you were listening to her if she brings it up against you. Family first. Then audio. Will slow your projects down considerably, but she won't mind as long as you keep her happy, AND DONT EVER PUT AUDIO FIRST. You will never hear the end of it if you do lol. Grats on the news though, I'll still keep up with your build log even if it's a lil slow 09 Civic EX KDC-X395 (2) SKAR Audio VVX-12 Skar Audio SK-1500.1 4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon) Firing Forward not sealed off Stock 80 Amp Alt Big 3 In 1/0 Knu 2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu DD-1'd 13.8v drop
Purplehaze Posted March 31, 2012 Author Report Posted March 31, 2012 Thanks for all the replies and advice. Still unsure, but I think I'll be selling my 15's and doing a smaller setup behind the backseat. I'm thinking two XL 12's in a 4th order box ported up behind the backseat, trunk style. Also, been talking about just buying a third vehicle, an SUV for her to drive, or for the whole family when we wanna go somewhere. This is her favorite idea, and if I do that, I know she will then be totally cool with me turning the PT into my full-time toy. I have a 13 yr old already, and she has a 11 year old and a 3 year old. Throw a new baby into the mix, and we may just need a minivan!!!! I'll figure it all out soon enough! Can't believe. This hasn't been said But!!! PICS OR LIES of said GF! Oh and congrats LOL!!! Okay, I'll get some pics up later today. This had me rolling btw! I love this site!!! Kickin' Cruiser Seller Feedback Stage 3 Dash, Door Panels,4th Order wall 4 - 15'son a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K'sSolo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build
carlosg_313 Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 You'll be fine. I got a wife, daughter, and another one on the way and still buying audio because I make money on the sides by making boxes, doing installs, rebuilding woofers for profit, while my biweekly income goes to bills, wife, kid, and saving for the new baby. And I don't make a lot like few people, but enough to keep us happy. Don't need to sell anything. Just do what I do, do something on the side for some extra doe......but keep it legal. LoL How do the Japanese feel about bass?You know that since 03/11/11 Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller. Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman
MDWSTBoom Posted March 31, 2012 Report Posted March 31, 2012 I say downsize, it is the best of both worlds so to speak. shows you want some extra funding aside from her telling you that you dont need to sell anything, prioritizing essentially. This is probably the way i would go I have three kids and I just downsized when they were young went with more of a SQ setup now that the kids are getting older I am running a larger system. Alpine 9886 Rockford mids and highs MBQUART 4.125 2 xfl 15's 2 TRX2000.1's Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back
stipek Posted April 5, 2012 Report Posted April 5, 2012 Minivan.....I see you're thinkin ahead.......years down the road think of the system that could go it there. Headunit - Sony DSX-200X Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's Monoamp - DD M4 Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with 4 Crescendo PWX 6.5 4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4 Cadence 0 gauge Singer 275 amp Alt D7500 XS Power battery Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals SMD OM-1 RGB LEDs BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/ BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]
Jaloosk Posted April 5, 2012 Report Posted April 5, 2012 Congrats on the baby! If you can afford it, this is what I would do: Keep the PT as a toy; keep your gear, but go into "budget install" mode...that means work on it when you have the time/money to spare. Then you buy a van...you're going to need the space for when you go on family trips. You should already know with three kids what the deal is with a family; I found that it actually got a bit easier with #4 because the kids each had a friend to play with. The only reason you should sell anything is if you need the money. Your hobby should definitely take a back seat to your family, but you need to have something to keep you sane! If you sell it all now, it'll likely be a long while until you get it back, and then it'll cost you more at that time. My 2 cents. Congratulations! "Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three." "Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."
Jaloosk Posted April 5, 2012 Report Posted April 5, 2012 Oh...another thing...on another forum I'm a part of, there's a rule. If you talk about a girl/girlfriend/wife, you have to provide pics of said person or you get a 24-hour comedy ban. I firmly believe that should be a hard and fast rule everywhere. "Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three." "Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.