On the cabin side of this, was it just 1 small red wire coming through the firewall with a foam ring? That one looks like I could definitely squeeze 2 runs of 1/0 through it and about the right placement.

To be honest I don't remember what color it was. I did that build last summer. I will check it out in the morning as wife is at work with the Equinox. I did work on it today though I put an Alpine CDA-105 in the dash and pulled the Fosgate Deck out.

To be honest I don't remember what color it was. I did that build last summer. I will check it out in the morning as wife is at work with the Equinox. I did work on it today though I put an Alpine CDA-105 in the dash and pulled the Fosgate Deck out.

:( No biggie if you don't get to it, I know that plastic shield is under the dash probably covering it. It should be more than sufficient to run wire through. Hella better than drilling holes still lol.

So, ran wire today. Have some pictures, but after a few I kinda was just working along and didn't take too many pics part way through. Will be going back out tonight after the wifey passes out, sill snag some more pics then.

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

After I got it up into the engine bay, I coiled up the excess in the back. I will DEFINITELY have some loft over lol.

IMG_2835.jpg

Here's one of the terminals I crimped on for connecting to the battery.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

Will get some more later and with this much done, should have it either hooked up tonight or tomorrow.

There's better crimps than that. I have the cheapo Harbor Freight special 8-ton hydraulic crimper, and to do it this way I had to take one of the dies out, turn it on it's side, and then tape it onto the top. If you guys want a crimper, I'll dig up the RIGHT one from ebay. Think it's about $60, but it has the correct dies, just in mm instead of some jackass size that the one I have is. For exampt, I used the "0AWG" crimp size on a 4 AWG copper lug and it looked like a perfect hex like this

DSCF0248.jpg

but I used the same size on some 1/0 copper lugs and they turned out like this

DSCF0246.jpg

I have that HU its awesome!! Looking good diggin that box!!!

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Went out and worked on the car for a whiiiiile. About 10 after 2am. All I should have to do in the morning is zip tie some wires for safety and throw on 2 fuses. :twirl:

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Before battery, amp, sub, and box

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

After everything in. Basically no drop at all.

IMG_2850.jpg

Fuse ready and waiting to go in :)

IMG_2851.jpg

And had to add teh STICKERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

And the Pièce de résistance

IMG_2854.jpg

Archived