Where dB Drag use to be........

I don't think it cost that much more then what it use to. Sure the gas price has shot through the roof, but the price of equipment has hit rock bottom also.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

also they make it to the shows just to hang out whats anouther 20 bucks to get into the lanes?

they spent the money on the gear the gas to get there then they just hang out and demo/disturb the peace and get the cops called on our venues

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

To me, at least what I see here, the cost of competng is an issue with getting new people in. New commers or specators will ask how much it is and always say "fuck" when they are told it's $25-$30 to enter one class. Shit, just a few years a go it was $20.......

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

In all reality, if you don't have 30 bucks to enter, they you shouldn't be spending your expendable income on driving out to a show anyway.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

In all reality, if you don't have 30 bucks to enter, they you shouldn't be spending your expendable income on driving out to a show anyway.

To some its not about having the money or not having it, its about where the money goes.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

For years dB Drag and other orgs have been trying to make money off of the competitors. This is different than larger auto sports orgs like NHRA and NASCAR that make money from spectators and mainly ads.

But Car Audio does not have a large enough spectator following to allow that. Main reason is that every spectator is also a competitor.

My concept is to change that and have a select few number of competitors that can draw a crowd. Make it free or even profitable to them to compete. Work with them to draw in more spectators, and the spectators will be dreaming and working hard to one day be one of those competitors. And once the exposure is there we can pull the necessary money from ads just like NASCAR but of course on a smaller level.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

In all reality it comes down to "x" "y" and "z" generation.......

Now don't take it negative. It is just the way the society has become because of technology. Everyone "EXPECTS" more. Cell phones and car audio have grown up hand in hand over the years and for some reason the cell phone industry is alive and well. However, you don't see the small mom and pop shops caring cell phones anymore. the carriers took control over 80% of the cell phone stores not mention major chains like best buy and radio shack who can offer huge discounts because they buy in bulks.

Went off track for a bit. What I am getting at is that when drag started off it was filled with "x" generation the ones who were inventors and pioneers of the sport and industry i.e. bill gates, steve jobs and wayne harris. they worked hard and had no internet to readily available to them for information. As years when on the "y" generation pushed to get the most of whatever was invented and demanded more. Now the "z" just "EXPECTS" it. So if they are going to spend money on something it better perform and better not cost that much either. So in that mind frame why would I spend $30 bucks to be told that I am mediocre if I do not win or why compete when no one else is in my class so it just proves no one can touch me. May not be true to everyone but, it is generalization of the generations.

I'm sure we could have a very lengthy conversation about where the orgs are headed and to whom 's fault it is. Sadly it's their program and business structure and I'm sure they don't like to hear that they need to do this and that, much like we don't like to be told about how to run our own stuff. They clearly have a vision, and it may or may not be inline what what someone else sees.

Fact of the matter is, I considered taking over out here in cali for drag awhile back. Couple reasons I didn't. first one being the "take over " cost. It wasn't in line for what I thought the business was worth. Second, and most important was the lack of interested new competitors in the area. The trend I was seeing a lot of was a parking lot full off people who "could" compete but didn't because they were scared they would lose. As a competitor, I spent a good amount of time at shows trying to get these guys to enter. It wasn't to make the promoter more money, it was to see the brackets fill back up.

I was willing to look past the org's on going bullshit and take up the area out here for the competitors, not for the org. However, with such a lack of drive from a good amount of people out here who could do very well, it didn't make for good business sense to me. their issues weren't money driven, it was lack of confidence and drive to win.

There are a few reasons:

1) Manufacture support-

The manufacture support has damn near died compared to what it used to be. You would go to shows and see all kinds of manufactures there from Rockford,Kenwood,Kicker,Orion,Directed etc and now when you go to a show you damn near see 0 support from the manufactures with the exceptions of the few that are still in the sport such as XS Power, Sundown etc. You get the manufactures back into supporting this sport and you will see more people coming back to play

2) Change of competitors-

Just as Kimo said this has changed. You use to have people to buss their ass to even make brackets with what they had and focused more in the install vs what equipment everyone had. You have people helping one another vs bashing someone for running a particular brand. You had competitors and JUDGES that actually gave a shit and made it fun to compete ( we miss you Sam Horn) unlike most of the judges today that promote boring shows. People these days are scared to jump into the lanes to go against anyone based on what type of equipment they have. Why do you think Sam came up with bass race? It gave competitors new and old a chance to compete no matter what they were running. It was about controlling your system vs. the biggest amp and most expensive subs you could find. We as competitors help kill drag as well

3) Wayne Harris-

If he gave a shit like he used to back in they they would help things as well. You can barley get ahold of the damn guy and now he is do damn un-organized it's pitiful. When the owner of Db Drag doesn't give a shit neither will competitors.

You get manufactures back into the game, get competitors that want to compete for the love of competition and not worried about who is running in their class and with what, and give wayne harris to give a gawt damn then you will see things change. It's going to take change from everyone to get things back to the way things used to be. Hell it was fun talking with Quad knowing gawt damn well dis bish was not doing a 160 but the matter of the fact is that it was good shit talking fun to show up to a show to see lil scrappy. ( for those who have been in the game and know what im talking about)

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Reminds me, I need some Quad Wood

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB