Customizing Woofer Cones?

So i got an Idea from alpineguy about paintin my L7's cones to match my truck.Itll be just a couple light coats of primer and single stage ppg paint?any thing i should watch out for when doing this :blink: ???is it bad for the woofer for example extra weight on the cone???I wanna know if I should do it or not I know how to paint,done about 6 trucks already so thats candy!Just let me know wat you bassheads think!Itll be lime green of coarse heres a lil photoshop i did.....it might be a lil more Lime and glossy but you get the idea...

Mods if this is in the wrong section plz move if need be.

Solobaricgren.jpg

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

no issues at all man... should be fine

some paints contain toluene (spelling) wich deteriates rubber based glues, so that is something I would look out for.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 4 weeks later...

If you go to gatelyaudio.com...(The godzilla truck) you can see a build that Bobby and myself did where the subs got painted to match the rest of the truck...didnt hurt them at all!!!! and looks sick as fuck!!!

not to bash your idea or anything cuz matching your paint would look pretty sick but, would paint eventually chip off from the movement? Just out of curiousity.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I have painted subs myself and found not one single thing wrong with it, it sounded good and lasted. You know how to properly prep a truck for paint, so don't slouch on preping the sub and you will have a lasting paint job. Also if you armorall your interior, you should clean the subs a few extra times because the silicone floating around and all from spraying it. just my two cents though.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

• 4 weeks later...

have someone airbrush the cones

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio