Sonic Electronix

Well, firstly, like you say "all amps have it". If a company left the bass boost feature off of the amp, then they may not sell very many amp.

Also, it can help flatten your response curve because most amps boost at a certain frequency.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

^this is alot more logical than what i'm about to say, butttt.....

Most people that buy mainstream gear usually stick with one brand, they crank the boost up, blow their subs, call for warrantied repair to get told it was user error, and buy more of said subs.

I see. I was thinking more alone the lines of 01ExSport. But people who by mainstream gear don't really buy DC amps etc that still have bass boost. I was just thinking about this this morning and figured I'd see what everyone else thought.

E34 540iT/6

My kenwood performance series 1,800 watt amp has bass boost. I never turned it on. Always sits on 0. Experimented with it and to me sounded better with it completely off. I have always just thought like the others here said. For those that want a extra boost to get more bass and blow them. Those who are not smart with there money.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I am in the minority in this big time, but, I like my PEQ, I never protect, I never run hot, I've never blown any speaker. I use it to adjust to certain song differences and help with tweeking for my cabin. In the right hands, I think it's fairly useful, and you don't HAVE to use it... Ok, let the bashing begin.

Edit- and I do run a "mainstream" amp, about as mainstream as DC.... And I could care less how loud , "number wise" I get... Just MHO

imo if you use bass boost it means you should have bought a bigger amp, i keep mine all the way off

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Have it to be loud, people want to buy an amp for 100 bucks and hit 140's. Without bass boost that'd be impossible, but with a boosted/clipped signal you can get the max power from an amp.

what the fuck did i just read? stop posting your "knowledge" dude.

Archived