Sonic Electronix

Have it to be loud, people want to buy an amp for 100 bucks and hit 140's. Without bass boost that'd be impossible, but with a boosted/clipped signal you can get the max power from an amp.

what the fuck did i just read? stop posting your "knowledge" dude.

I basically said with a bass boost you can be louder.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Have it to be loud, people want to buy an amp for 100 bucks and hit 140's. Without bass boost that'd be impossible, but with a boosted/clipped signal you can get the max power from an amp.

you're basically completely wrong.

I don't use my PEQ to get louder.... I use it like you adjusting your treble and bass settings on your deck. Are all HU's just set to flat????? Because you need certain adjustment for certain times and issues.... Every song, car, person, is different... Maybe Im high, & just should not have said anything .... But, it works, FOR ME

you're basically completely wrong.

What does it do? I thought it just sends a boosted signal to the sub rather from the amp like turning the HU up on its eq. But rather on an amp it will just increase subwoofer boost.

Scion tC SQ Build

What does it do? I thought it just sends a boosted signal to the sub rather from the amp like turning the HU up on its eq. But rather on an amp it will just increase subwoofer boost.

it boosts a specific frequency, generally 45hz. so if you're playing like put on or whatever and that high note comes on, its going to be way louder than the rest of the notes. and gives you a way bigger chance of clipping the fuck out of your amp.

you dont need it. simple as that.

it boosts a specific frequency, generally 45hz. so if you're playing like put on or whatever and that high note comes on, its going to be way louder than the rest of the notes. and gives you a way bigger chance of clipping the fuck out of your amp.

you dont need it. simple as that.

cool makes sense. I used to use it until I put a dd-1 on my amp and it instantly distorted that sound at 1/8 of the way turned up, so I havent used it since then. Just assumed it boosted all power because most notes are louder with bass boost.

Scion tC SQ Build

My amp doesn't have bass boost :shrug:

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

so with my amp the rf 1500 i cant use the remote bass knob that comes with the amp? or i can not use it?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=108531

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Archived