Sonic Electronix

my amp has a bass boost ... but I dont have the knob (nor do i want it) ... I just adjust with the headunit (oscoped the whole range of settings) .. I know where it needs to be for "taking it easy" and I know where it has to be when "pushing the limits"

holy jebus im rolling.... this is funny

bass boost can be used for rock or quieter music, you should NEVER need it for rap music, EVER. you will find some companies limit it to 6dB to PREVENT user error because people think a knob magically makes bass better.

Bass Boost is a One Band EQ, usually centered at 45hz. Why, because kick drums are right there and a lot of rap beats fall there. The gain on the amp boosts all frequencies the amp plays evenly, using bass boost will ruin that evenness by boost only a small section of the overal signal it amplifies.

Example, song with 30hz note, 45hz note, 60hz note all even dB signal before being amplified. If you choose to use bass boost you just ruined that evenness of sound and can easily clip the amplifier.

If you use the DD-1 to set gains with a bass boost knob you will end up with quieter lows and high bass, but loud mid-sub bass(40-50hz), this is something undesired.

/thread

and the knobs on the amp ARE NOT VOLUME KNOBS PEOPLE

/thread again..

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

ok so leave the bass knob @ 0 when i play rap songs? and turn it up maybe half way when i play other songs? What hz is reggae/ hawaiian songs usually @? and can i turn up the bass knob when i play those songs?

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

i'm pretty sure there isnt anything wrong with the bass boost, just be smart about how you use it, or better yet dont use it unless you can scope the amp and see how it reacts to it

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

holy jebus im rolling.... this is funny

bass boost can be used for rock or quieter music, you should NEVER need it for rap music, EVER. you will find some companies limit it to 6dB to PREVENT user error because people think a knob magically makes bass better.

Bass Boost is a One Band EQ, usually centered at 45hz. Why, because kick drums are right there and a lot of rap beats fall there. The gain on the amp boosts all frequencies the amp plays evenly, using bass boost will ruin that evenness by boost only a small section of the overal signal it amplifies.

Example, song with 30hz note, 45hz note, 60hz note all even dB signal before being amplified. If you choose to use bass boost you just ruined that evenness of sound and can easily clip the amplifier.

If you use the DD-1 to set gains with a bass boost knob you will end up with quieter lows and high bass, but loud mid-sub bass(40-50hz), this is something undesired.

i dont even plug up my "bass knob" but the bass boost on the amp is all the way up.. scoped with it all the way up.

and i just want low ass fq playing through my system. so i just should turn down the bass boost all the way and rescope and ideally my lows will get louder?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

yes, you've limited your ability to turn up gain by putting a big spike in signal right where the dd-1 is set to check clipping on sub amps

if you were setting a mids amp, would you go to your EQ and boost 1000hz +12db or would you leave it flat... thats the point. try it, if you don't like it go back to your clipped setting you've grown used to

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yes, you've limited your ability to turn up gain by putting a big spike in signal right where the dd-1 is set to check clipping on sub amps

if you were setting a mids amp, would you go to your EQ and boost 1000hz +12db or would you leave it flat... thats the point. try it, if you don't like it go back to your clipped setting you've grown used to

i actually never really understood the actuall use of the bass knob. i knew it amplified fq around 45 hz. but i didnt know that scoping it with it all the way up will eat into my low end response.

ill be fixing that imediately.

in essence there is not even any real need for the bass knob.

i only ever had it to turn it down during rock songs so that the kicks arnt over powering the mids and highs.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

on my amp the bass boost also has a frequency where you can set it at. so if i peak at 28hz and set the bass boost frequency to 28 would it help with my burps or do more damage than its worth

on my amp the bass boost also has a frequency where you can set it at. so if i peak at 28hz and set the bass boost frequency to 28 would it help with my burps or do more damage than its worth

the way he explained it boosting the curve that way causes your amp to clip. so at any fq the bass boost is harmful

thats the way i took it at least

the way he explained it boosting the curve that way causes your amp to clip. so at any fq the bass boost is harmful

thats the way i took it at least

but if its set with a dd-1 i wont have to worry about that

Archived