Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

Sorry my reply was short i was on a tablet and it annoys me to type too much.

Heres my take on it. you buy a headunit wtih 4 or 5 volt preouts. Why would oyu only want to use half of that or less? I mean of course unless you dont know why you bought it with high voltage preouts.

good question! I have my sub all the way up on my headunit. And was able to turn my gain down to around a quarter turn. You just have to tune amp properly . The gain can be just a tad up to high an cause it to clip. Just a hair makes the difference on mine.

anyone scope/dd-1 one of these yet and clamp to see how much unclipped power they are really doin?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

I know that but can I get the mathematical answer please.

he really did explain it the best he could, but i'll give it another shot

having the amp receive 2.5v, you have gains set in a way that makes it output 80v. thats a 32x increase. and a 32x increase in possible noise

4v, having gains set to output 80v, thats a 20x increase. less chance of noise being added and less gain.

thats how i see it, someone correct me if im wrong

Good explanation, but you forgot a key part of the issue.

Sometimes it's better to start with a weaker signal that's of better quality and amplify it more times rather than starting with a stronger signal that isn't as clean and amplifying it less. It's best to do your own testing and decide which your ears like best. In my case I barely get any sub preout with the sub level at 0 (Kenwood KDC-X794) so mine is at +7.

In most cases if you turn your volume down and turn your gain up an equal amount to compensate you didn't actually change anything. Your amp isn't working less....if that was the case you could feed the amp 11v signal and it would be super duper efficient right?...lol nope.

Good explanation, but you forgot a key part of the issue.

Sometimes it's better to start with a weaker signal that's of better quality and amplify it more times rather than starting with a stronger signal that isn't as clean and amplifying it less. It's best to do your own testing and decide which your ears like best. In my case I barely get any sub preout with the sub level at 0 (Kenwood KDC-X794) so mine is at +7.

In most cases if you turn your volume down and turn your gain up an equal amount to compensate you didn't actually change anything. Your amp isn't working less....if that was the case you could feed the amp 11v signal and it would be super duper efficient right?...lol nope.

well that clean signal part is kind of obvious...

all kenwoods output full preout voltage at +15. and volume around 30's. theres a thread i made about headunit clipping somewhere around here.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

im guessing it didnt do as well as the op was hoping for. shocking.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived