Second Skin Audio

Crazy irregular shaped enclosure

I'm in the process of designing a box for a MA HK15X2 to fit in my 01 Eclipse, In order to get 5 cu ft, fit in my trunk, and keep my back seats, its gonna have to be shaped goofy as hell. I'm not even going to attempt fiberglass so thats not an option. I'm using CAD to design the box so I know I can get an accurate volume measurement, but how will the shape of the box affect the tuning? The sub will be firing up at the rear glass and the port will be horizontal and facing forward. I'll post some screen shots of my design so far after i snag them off the computer at school tomorrow.

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

it wont change tuning. the contours may affect output but its not enough that i think you should worry about it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

look up and learn how to use, torres box calculator. it'll do everything for you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Air is air, but sometimes you would be better off with a smaller box than a bunch of weird pockets trying to get 5^3s.

Pic of said trunk? And why would you want 5^3s for that sub? If it is just one, I would put it in like 3^3s tuned to 38hz

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Air is air, but sometimes you would be better off with a smaller box than a bunch of weird pockets trying to get 5^3s.

Pic of said trunk? And why would you want 5^3s for that sub? If it is just one, I would put it in like 3^3s tuned to 38hz

Honestly, thats exactly what I was thinking. The recomended ported box size is 5 cubes though, and I didnt want to screw anything up. Here are some pics of what I have so far, and the trunk. It doesnt look all that small but the depth from the back to the little bump behind the seats is only like 24 inches, and its only 15 inches high under the hatch so having the sub fire backwards is impossible. From the top of the back seats, its about 16 inches to the back hatch at 20 inches high. The most narrow part of the box is about 22 inches and the widest part at the back is 46.

62859133.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Haha I dont want to put a ton of time and effort into this box and then have it sound like shit. Thanks guyss

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

And just in case it wasn't obvious, the part of the box that is raised and narrow up would fit over that bump behind the seats and then the sub would fire up into the glass.

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.