Sundown Audio

Good Four Channel for $250-$300

KScarboy

I have the 4.600 as well trying to get ahold of another and yeah $150 is about the price you will pay new. I managed to find one new for $120 on ebay but for a budget amp it looks stout. As for the new Crescendo amp if you're looking for quality sound and power at a good price you won't beat that with Crescendo.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I have the 4.600 as well trying to get ahold of another and yeah $150 is about the price you will pay new. I managed to find one new for $120 on ebay but for a budget amp it looks stout. As for the new Crescendo amp if you're looking for quality sound and power at a good price you won't beat that with Crescendo.

How are you liking that amp? I'm thinking for my purposes, it seems like a good option, especially at that price. I'm leaning heavily towards the new 6.5 component set Skar is coming out with, if and when I upgrade my speakers. Does it put out a true 100 RMS? Or is it overrated any? I'm just a little skeptical about this brand lol but its sooo tempting for the price!

Edited by KScarboy

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

Since Soundstream is coming out with new picasso series amp, online car stereo has the old ones on clearance.

You looking for something like this?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25253_Soundstream_PX4760.aspx

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

How are you liking that amp? I'm thinking for my purposes, it seems like a good option, especially at that price. I'm leaning heavily towards the new 6.5 component set Skar is coming out with, if and when I upgrade my speakers. Does it put out a true 100 RMS? Or is it overrated any? I'm just a little skeptical about this brand lol but its sooo tempting for the price!

Still to get the Soundstream highend http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-REF4-760-760-WATTS-4-CHANNEL-REFERENCE-, OS-/170574540433?pt=Car_Amplifiers&vxp=mtr&hash=item27b708ee91 beutiful in sound and power. In your pricerange class AB stable down

till 1 ohm http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-REFERENCE-414S-4-CHANNEL-CAR-AMPLIFIER-/280864763065?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4164d82cb9.

If you are unsure about the true RMS output, have a look at the fusing of the amp. Think the yellow fuses are 20 amp fuses x 3 = 60 amp,

so its fused for round 600 watt´s RMS.

I looked over the Rub 4.600

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Definitely does rated at the very least, sounds great and a very solid performer. The better lines are the Reference, Tarantula, D Tower and X. Though out of my price range the Reference is my absolute favorite all around solid performer and Soundstream is under new ownership so they are revamping the line it isn't so cheap and flea market anymore. The D Tower and X are just out of price range and the Tarantula series is to "blingy" and cheap looking for my tastes.

Since Soundstream is coming out with new picasso series amp, online car stereo has the old ones on clearance.

http://www.onlinecar...eam_PX4760.aspx

I would personally stay away from the Picasso series if you can, not the best of the Soundstream and it lacks quality. The few I have installed and seen used heat up too hot to touch. Never go into protect but shouldn't get that hot anyway, I also noticed it distorted quickly on the DD-1 (using the SQ track).

Still to get the Soundstream highend http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-REF4-760-760-WATTS-4-CHANNEL-REFERENCE-, OS-/170574540433?pt=Car_Amplifiers&vxp=mtr&hash=item27b708ee91 beutiful in sound and power. In your pricerange class AB stable down

till 1 ohm http://www.ebay.com/...=item4164d82cb9.

If you are unsure about the true RMS output, have a look at the fusing of the amp. Think the yellow fuses are 20 amp fuses x 3 = 60 amp,

My favorite of the Soundstream line if you really want quality then go for this one I would love to get one. I have an older Reference 405 that's being used in my Tahoe right now. As far as the Rubicons go they do what they say they do. I have the Rubicon 4.600 and 2 1.2500's no complaints over here.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I would personally stay away from the Picasso series if you can, not the best of the Soundstream and it lacks quality. The few I have installed and seen used heat up too hot to touch. Never go into protect but shouldn't get that hot anyway, I also noticed it distorted quickly on the DD-1 (using the SQ track).

Aw man. One of my friends has already ordered two of the old Picasso 2000w monoblocks for his build. That's one of my favorite things about being in a forum like this one, you learn a little bit before it's too late. I was gonna go with that one and the same monoblock that my friend got.

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Definitely does rated at the very least, sounds great and a very solid performer. The better lines are the Reference, Tarantula, D Tower and X. Though out of my price range the Reference is my absolute favorite all around solid performer and Soundstream is under new ownership so they are revamping the line it isn't so cheap and flea market anymore. The D Tower and X are just out of price range and the Tarantula series is to "blingy" and cheap looking for my tastes.

till 1 ohm http://www.ebay.com/...=item4164d82cb9.

My favorite of the Soundstream line if you really want quality then go for this one I would love to get one. I have an older Reference 405 that's being used in my Tahoe right now. As far as the Rubicons go they do what they say they do. I have the Rubicon 4.600 and 2 1.2500's no complaints over here.

Thanks for the input man. I'm thinking the rubicon seems like a good option when it comes time. I just hope that the Skar component sets wouldn't miss out in that extra 30 watts RMS they are rated for if I go with those lol.

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk