A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

• 2 weeks later...

The system has been up and running for a few weeks now. I've only had the chance to really listen to it for a couple of hours though. A couple of locals have had the chance to listen, they are more than free to chime in with any critiques. :) I am happy it's up and running. The output in the bass department is impressive. Louder than the previous setup fo sho. I haven't taken it to the meter yet. I'm still tinkering with all sorts of "auto tunes" through the MS8 and getting the gains set on the amps. One particular place I've been focusing my effort in getting a good sound out of the mids and highs. I'd like to get some good imaging and staging and depth for when listening at moderate levels. At the same time I've been working on the gain of the Warhorse amp. I don't have a sure fire way of setting the gain of the amp. All I can do is set the MS8 then adjust the amp gain at full tilt and wait for a smell after a bass heavy song. Alot of trial and error for now till I figure out a better way. :D

I think I can speak for everyone when I say, "Damn sexy box and build, clean ass wiring, now where are the vids!!?!?"

Great work!

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Man, what an impressive install. Good solid clean work all the way around from the wood work to the wiring. I LOVE those metal rings for the subs.

About your gains, have you considered a DD1? With the potential you have there for some serious slap, I would say it is well worth it to have the perfect gain settings and knowing where your deck distorts at etc..

Man, what an inspiring install. Can't wait to get some numbers, or better yet just a demo video with the reactions of some unsuspecting locals. And where is this smoke test you speak of......

Hey, the cops stopped by. Its GOTTA be loud. :P

I love it.

Nothing quite like the proud moment when you get your first DTP citation with your newest setup.

I will never forget mine!

You are on the right track with the gain setting on the warhorse. I never found any better way than to just keep turning them up until I got some stinky and then just back down a bit. Build looks great, keep it up!

I take that back, the best way I found was to sell the warhorse and buy a normal amp! Great amp, just a royal pain in the ass.

Archived