Vista Questions

Ok, I'm pretty set on rebuilding my computer (about 3-5 years old). I've been told that if I want to game, it'd be better to go with Vista for DX10. Other people tell me that they used Vista, but downgraded to XP because Vista game them nothing but problems. What is everyone's take on Vista on gaming and overall use, compared to XP?

i have no problems whatsoever with vista gaming and if you do have a dx 10 compatible video card i would recommend it. ALOT of people arent good with change so they bitch and moan about vista, i work with it everyday and its fine for me.

i'm also rebuilding mine. need my quad core chip, my 3d card, and my tower to put it all in. DEFINITELY going with vista. crysis/bioshock are 2 main games i wanna play, and you need vista to play em. plus imo, i've only used vista for a short short while but it seems pretty neat to me

to be honest I have had one issue with vista. installed a program that vista didnt like and it caused my windows exlorer to restart itself repeatedly. got rid of the program and it was fine. SP1 is coming out for it very shortly. supposed to fix everything. Other than trying to find where things are now like add remove programs, it is a pretty good os.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest MegaloManiac
i have no problems whatsoever with vista gaming and if you do have a dx 10 compatible video card i would recommend it. ALOT of people arent good with change so they bitch and moan about vista, i work with it everyday and its fine for me.

I like to complain, but it seems I complain more on vista then XP. You are right on change though, but i dont know if vista changed for the better :unsure: it seemed like it was demanding soo much memory and an excellent video card

Vista actually helps to use your RAM more efficiently. It's called "SuperPreFetch". Takes about a week or so for it to train itself to what you use the most.

How it works (brief description) is it'll keep track of what programs you use and will auto-load the DLL's and other shared files for that program to open so you don't have to wait longer for that program to open.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Vista actually helps to use your RAM more efficiently. It's called "SuperPreFetch". Takes about a week or so for it to train itself to what you use the most.

How it works (brief description) is it'll keep track of what programs you use and will auto-load the DLL's and other shared files for that program to open so you don't have to wait longer for that program to open.

in theory your right, but windows vista DOES currently still have memory leaks, hence the reason people get lock ups and poor performances.