big three question!!!

Ok I've been doing alot of research on the big three and gonna be doing it to my truck soon and just wanna make sure I got this right so I dont mess anything up....

So you run positive AND negative from alt to battery....then pos and negative to your amp...ground battery and engine block ground to chassis...and ground amp to chassis somewhere in the truck like off a seat stud...

Is this right?????

Really the best places to complete the circuit are positive from battery to alternator stud, and negative from battery to alternator casing/mounting holes or engine block.

The chassis or frame are still grounding to alternator

Edit: so to answer your question, to battery positive from alt yes, to battery negative from alt yes(if possible), amp positive and negative straight to battery(if possible) and you can always add a ground from battery negative to frame/chassis

Edited by Loslam

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

well, its not a bad idea to run grounds from ur battery to the fram and to the engine block individually...seeing as how theres motor mounts between them otherwise (kinda doubting it's metal on metal) and power from ur alt to ur battery, as well as the factory power wire to ur alt again, and to ur battery (sometimes it goes to ur starter) and power from ur bettery (with a fuse less than a foot or less (i believe) from ur battery) to ur amp, and if u cant run a ground from ur battery, go ahead and find something that goes to the frame from ur amp

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

1. Positive from alt to battery

2. Ground from frame to battery

3. Ground from frame to alternator

And that's all there is to it :)

Ok so the negative wire from Batt to amp...u can run that long of a ground and be fine?? Cuz I thought the ground for an amp isn't supposed to be more then 18 inches away...so would it be better to run the neg from the Batt and the neg from the amp to a seat stud??

Electricity runs better down thick wire than all around the chassis of your car.

If you ground to chassis, you should keep it short.

Ground with Wire > Ground to Chassis.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Also...when running the wires from the alt...do u disconnect the old ones then put the new ones on or do u just set the new wires on top of the old ones

in my mind....it depends....does the power wire from ur alt go to ur starter??? if so, it goes to ur battery too...i just use the factory power wires....no harm...most of the juice is going through the 1/0 anyways

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

this is how i do it

ndlhnd.png

As i said, this is how i would do it, but if you want to be more safe with the way you wire your system and want to add more Power, or ground wire you are more welcome to do so. Only drew this out in a couple minutes, if i see something missing i'll fix it

Edited by KOZ89

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...

Also...when running the wires from the alt...do u disconnect the old ones then put the new ones on or do u just set the new wires on top of the old ones

keep all your old ones, just add to them.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69