Help with doing the unthinkable on my brutus amps and wiring....

all that, 1 battery....and your saying you know how to watch for clipping? I doubt those amps will even power up at that low of an ohm load; and if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if you fried them.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

theyll power up but i expect them to protect. if you want more power sell those and buy more power. You are already at the limits of what you should be giving them. the glue will make no difference in how well the coil takes the power.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I reconed 2 months ago used epoxy under and above the spider landing...I shortened my 38 hz port down to 34 hz (more excursion and im loving it) the epoxy i used during recone is holding up alot better than CA glue so far ...i think i can throw more power at em I know how to watch for clipping....

:blink:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i have them strapped right now 2 subs per linked pair ... used to be 1 sub per amp

4 hdc318s

1 300 amp iraggi alt (just found out about a sense wire and ran one to the battery (+) post last night with a 1a 200v diode inline

4 2608 brutus amps

one maxxlink

and one lil shuriken bt-100 thats been going strong for 3 yrs I just put bigger terminal screws on it and car went dead (battery probably never was getting charged as i had 6 0 gauges rigged on top each post)

ive had this set up for three years...wanting to try something different

I reconed 2 months ago used epoxy under and above the spider landing...I shortened my 38 hz port down to 34 hz (more excursion and im loving it) the epoxy i used during recone is holding up alot better than CA glue so far ...i think i can throw more power at em I know how to watch for clipping....

Umm I know its early and I just woke up, but the last time I checked when you shorten your port your tuning gets higher.

Dont do it, if you want more power then sell your amps and buy more power, the extra few watts you MIGHT milk out of your amp wont be worth the stress you are putting on them by wiring so low.

Once i remember Mike @maxxonics saying that by dropping below 1 ohm on the Brutus series amps will yield very very small power increase..

IMO i wouldn't run them at that low of an ohm, i would really expect something to blow... and you probably wouldn't even get any louder if it worked anyway

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Once i remember Mike @maxxonics saying that by dropping below 1 ohm on the Brutus series amps will yield very very small power increase..

IMO i wouldn't run them at that low of an ohm, i would really expect something to blow... and you probably wouldn't even get any louder if it worked anyway

its not just hte brutus line its any amp. there is the misconception that dropping to .5 increased your gains like it does from 4 to 2 to 1. say you make 1000 at 4 ohms and 1750 at 2 ohms and then 2500 at 1 ohm. alot of people seem to think you are going to get 3400 or so at .5. you dont. you would get like 2800 realistically. and an additional 300 amps of current draw damn near. its like 1 watt per amp at that load. its just not worth the minute gain. some people do it to combat risebut im not one who likes to rely on rise to save my amps from turning into a thousand dollar fireball.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.