Check out the SMD Web Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

meade916

SMD D'amore Engineering IM-SG Impedance Meter (Updated Pics Page 4 and 8!)

Looks like a reactive load tool.. idk maybe im wrong... but if its able to find reactive load ie:. it should also be able to display power at said impeadence.. be like a clamping tool... THAT WOULD BE SWEET. i mean finding the load is v/a .. just multiply for the powahhhh

I'm honestly curious because I've never dealt with impedance other than just wiring - what is the practical application for this? Like, what settings can it help you with, etc.?

Just a few things off the top of my head, i'm sure some pro installers out there have even more uses for it.

1. Signal Generator (this unit makes a true sine wave unlike some of the old units that made a stepped square wave)

2. Ported or bandpass box tuning - It will tell you exactly where your port is tuned

3. Measuring the T/S parameters of speakers (Fs, Qts, Vas, ect) can be measured and calculated with some knarly math. We will provide a spreadsheet or formulas to ease the pain.

4. Test passive crossovers

5. Find the Fs of any speaker (got some nice tweeters you want to bi-amp but not sure how low you can cross them? This tool will tell you)

I'm sure there are other uses as well

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Looks like a reactive load tool.. idk maybe im wrong... but if its able to find reactive load ie:. it should also be able to display power at said impeadence.. be like a clamping tool... THAT WOULD BE SWEET. i mean finding the load is v/a .. just multiply for the powahhhh

that would be sweet

Plot impedance curve of mids in IB or pods, then modify the enclosure to smooth out imp curve.

Aperiodic enclosure membrane tuning.

Great figgin tone gen

Its secks

Plot impedance curve of mids in IB or pods, then modify the enclosure to smooth out imp curve.

Aperiodic enclosure membrane tuning.

Great figgin tone gen

Its secks

Aka stuff i knowz nothing about... lol i just like the cool chrome knob.. :P

I dont know how to do much if any of the stuff this thing will do but I will probably be adding it to my tool box and get to learning some new things.

The boot could be red, Just giving my opinion. What is the price going to be?

the DD-1 HV will have a red boot. It is the high voltage DD-1 for higher power amps (over 20,000 watts)....that is coming soon too.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1